• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review How can I make this video more engaging to get more audience retention?

kachdu

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
User name: kachdu
Title of thread: How can I make this video more engaging to get more audience retention?
Self review: I have asked for feedback on tubebuddy forum earlier and have implemented almost all of the feedback I got. I thanks you all for that. To get more views on youtube I have got the best thumbnail I can make on this video. The best bits of the video were posted in the first 30 seconds of the video but still the video has failed to take off or get views on youtube. I have worked really hard on this one and followed all the advice from shelby, andrew, blake etc. all big creators from this community but the video is nerfed. I don't seem to find why? Can you suggest me any way to improve the video or point out any mistake that is keeping the video from getting any traction on youtube. I will sincerely await your advice and implement it on the next video. Also, sometimes my replies are late because I have connectivity issues, so excuse me for late replies.
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2n3glU9Hfk

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/26296/post-77674

• Love
Reactions: EggCreatorGaming

EggCreatorGaming

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
In my honest rookie opion it's that you should have started with the speech....the first 55 seconds I know it's about the picture, video quality but I would have liked to see you speak first, otherwise a great quality video, keep up the good work!

Reactions: kachdu

Drivenprogressive

Subscriber Goal
hey bud i think the intro is what needs work maybe start out the video saying what its about then jumping to the videos i like the visuals and the music but the beginning in my opinion needs to have more info for the viewer this is not really my genre but thats what i took away from it and maybe make the cuts to the videos shorter i thought the video was over when you showed that second set of video clips

OP
OP
kachdu

kachdu

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for the reply. I have in past seen viewership drop a lot when I start videos with my intro. Maybe cause its my personality or that I am not that funny. So i thought of starting the video with best visuals I got. However, your feeedback is noted and in the next video I will implement the same. Thanks.

In my honest rookie opion it's that you should have started with the speech....the first 55 seconds I know it's about the picture, video quality but I would have liked to see you speak first, otherwise a great quality video, keep up the good work!

OP
OP
kachdu

kachdu

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Totally. I will try to cut short videos next time.
You said that the second sample clips was where the video should've ended. That is around 7 minute mark.
Can you let me know, if the video kept your interest till that mark? It would help me plan what to keep and what to cut short.

hey bud i think the intro is what needs work maybe start out the video saying what its about then jumping to the videos i like the visuals and the music but the beginning in my opinion needs to have more info for the viewer this is not really my genre but thats what i took away from it and maybe make the cuts to the videos shorter i thought the video was over when you showed that second set of video clips

justafizz

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
To start, i would say from the point of view of someone that doesnt know what your video will be like, i wouldve clicked off if i wasnt trying to review. You need to start it off stronger and cut straight to the point. Your video content is great so i think you need to focus mainly on telling people what they wanna hear immediately before you lose their attention. Your video is good over all but retention will drop fast if you cant hook them in the first 5 seconds. in my opinion

OP
OP
kachdu

kachdu

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I think you are right, but what do you suggest I do to "...hook them in the first 5 seconds?" That's the feedback I am looking for.

To start, i would say from the point of view of someone that doesnt know what your video will be like, i wouldve clicked off if i wasnt trying to review. You need to start it off stronger and cut straight to the point. Your video content is great so i think you need to focus mainly on telling people what they wanna hear immediately before you lose their attention. Your video is good over all but retention will drop fast if you cant hook them in the first 5 seconds. in my opinion

#ThreeQuotesThursday

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
User name: kachdu
Title of thread: How can I make this video more engaging to get more audience retention?
Self review: I have asked for feedback on tubebuddy forum earlier and have implemented almost all of the feedback I got. I thanks you all for that. To get more views on youtube I have got the best thumbnail I can make on this video. The best bits of the video were posted in the first 30 seconds of the video but still the video has failed to take off or get views on youtube. I have worked really hard on this one and followed all the advice from shelby, andrew, blake etc. all big creators from this community but the video is nerfed. I don't seem to find why? Can you suggest me any way to improve the video or point out any mistake that is keeping the video from getting any traction on youtube. I will sincerely await your advice and implement it on the next video. Also, sometimes my replies are late because I have connectivity issues, so excuse me for late replies.
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W2n3glU9Hfk

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/26296/post-77674
I would agree with those that have replied so far, it looks like some great footage and shots from the phone but perhaps a spoken intro to set the scene and tell everyone what you will be talking about and you can then build up to the footage by saying that you will be showing some footage for demonstration or comparison, other than that though, it looks good.
It takes a while sometimes, IΓÇÖve had people tell me they like my videos, the editing is god and some regular commenters, another youtuber also said they are suprised I do t have more subscribers, yet my videos arenΓÇÖt getting the reach yet. It can be a slow burner sometimes. Keep at it though, it looks good and may just need some testing to see what works best.

justafizz

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think you are right, but what do you suggest I do to "...hook them in the first 5 seconds?" That's the feedback I am looking for.
I would say take a 5-10 second clip of an important part in the video and start the video with just that. "This is why smartphone cameras are just almost as good as dslr's" then you can start with the intro ( welcome back to my channel i will be talking about ....) that way people know you will be telling them something of value and are willing to stay for the rest or atleast a bit longer.

OP
OP
kachdu

kachdu

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Thank you for taking out time to review. I get what you are saying and will try to have hope and patience till I get some traction.

I would agree with those that have replied so far, it looks like some great footage and shots from the phone but perhaps a spoken intro to set the scene and tell everyone what you will be talking about and you can then build up to the footage by saying that you will be showing some footage for demonstration or comparison, other than that though, it looks good.
It takes a while sometimes, IΓÇÖve had people tell me they like my videos, the editing is god and some regular commenters, another youtuber also said they are suprised I do t have more subscribers, yet my videos arenΓÇÖt getting the reach yet. It can be a slow burner sometimes. Keep at it though, it looks good and may just need some testing to see what works best.

OP
OP
kachdu

kachdu

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Thanks for taking the time out to review my video man. Infact I want to thank all the members for their valuable feedback. I will do it better next time. Thanks

I would say take a 5-10 second clip of an important part in the video and start the video with just that. "This is why smartphone cameras are just almost as good as dslr's" then you can start with the intro ( welcome back to my channel i will be talking about ....) that way people know you will be telling them something of value and are willing to stay for the rest or atleast a bit longer.

belleh

Subscriber Goal
To be honest, your video and sound quality are topnotch but it would have made the video better if you spoke about the camera quality first then showed the side by side comparison between different brands as this would keep your target audience engaged rather than them already knowing the key points of your video.

Reactions: Stanley | Team TB