• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Channel Review What will you change

voxpreset

Subscriber Goal
User name: voxpreset
Title of thread: What will you change
Self review: The channel has 3 main type of videos. 1. Self development and mind tricks to help you achive what you are looking to get. 2.How to tutorials for Toonly software. Using toonly with other software to achive better results. The last type of videos will be related to public speaking, those will start to release later this year. At the moment we made the graphics for the channel, we try to keep a line of design for the tumbnails. We integrated a few graphics over our videos. We do get views, however the number of subscribers is not showing up also we couldn't figure out what is better the longer videos or the shorter ones. The shorter videos are viewed almost to 100% while the longer one only about 10%. putting them at the same average view time. We will like any input and we are open to all types of feedback.
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnUTM_8ZGQQ_XcX2H4ltcOA
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/28095/post-80173

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
User name: voxpreset
Title of thread: What will you change
Self review: The channel has 3 main type of videos. 1. Self development and mind tricks to help you achive what you are looking to get. 2.How to tutorials for Toonly software. Using toonly with other software to achive better results. The last type of videos will be related to public speaking, those will start to release later this year. At the moment we made the graphics for the channel, we try to keep a line of design for the tumbnails. We integrated a few graphics over our videos. We do get views, however the number of subscribers is not showing up also we couldn't figure out what is better the longer videos or the shorter ones. The shorter videos are viewed almost to 100% while the longer one only about 10%. putting them at the same average view time. We will like any input and we are open to all types of feedback.
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCnUTM_8ZGQQ_XcX2H4ltcOA
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/28095/post-80173

Hello @voxpreset

The first thing I would do is change the layout. I'd select a video that you think really explains what your channel is about as a channel trailer. This is a great way for new viewers to understand the value you are offering and when.
Speaking of value you're offering looking at your channel I have NO idea when you post content. The banner is also a bit hard to read, and focuses on a lot of things. I'd say add when you publish videos to your banner, Explain what you do, and JUST AS IMPORTANTLY how it will help a new user who might want to subscribe, give them a reason to subscribe.

Also you're pushing every social which isn't bad, but it's also asking a lot. SUBSCRIBE TO ME, and then FOLLOW ME ON FACEBOOK AND INSTAGRAM.
I'd add them to your about section as links people could click on instead, so that people can find you and not have to work for it.
Speaking of your about section,

Consider adding your channel name, so that when people search for you it's there and helps you in the rankings, similar to how a YT video description works. It could be as simple as "Here at Vox Preset we focus on personal development and growth" it adds your name, and helps your channel! I see IN your about you put your schedule, but YouTube has said most people never make it to the about section on the channel page, so having it in the banner can really help you there!

Speaking of channel page I see you have playlists, and you should feature them there too to help your channel have more of your content and give new viewers an idea where to start.

Overall, it's not bad but these small changes could make HUGE differences :D

I hope that helps!

skrach

Subscriber Goal
In addition to Andrew's advice. It might be beneficial to break up into multiple channels. I can see how the affirmations and public speaking would relate to one another... but not how toonly would interact with either of those?

It appears as though you are a newish channel. For new channels, it's usually (but not always) better to establish yourself in a narrowly defined niche.

You can actually see this in action using your current view counts. Your highest current views are for toonly. That's also PROBABLY why most of your 46 subs subscribed (based solely on a numbers game and deduced from the fact your toonly videos have ten times the views of your other videos - only you can go through your analytics to see which videos actually are leading to subscribers).

If this were my channel, I would take that to mean people come to my channel to get help with toonly. Based on that, I would devote this property to toonly to cater to that audience and if I still wanted to produce affirmation and public speaking videos, I would likely create one or more additional channels to serve those audiences.

If, however, I was absolutely certain that all of the audiences you are trying to serve would eventually converge, I would at least create different "shelves" to organize the videos into categories.

That way your users that are interested one, but not all of your categories, can find the information important to them much more quickly. You've already started this process by making playlists. Now you just need to customize your page. (Best done using YouTube desktop version.)

I hope you find this information helpful and best of luck to you.

-skrach

JasCool Gaming

TubeBuddy User
I would change the thumbnail. There is too much text in the thumbnail. Most people wouldn't even bother reading the thumbnail.

IsaacJ

Maybe stay in one lane or direction of where your youtube channel decides to go and run with it you have alot of ideas and i think that you will be successful just take a step back and look at your channel and imagine what you want out of it, (im no professional) but this is my honest opinion. went ahead and subscribed to you tho!!!!!

01FrozenFuze

These are the things that you might want to fix on your channel.
1. Make Playlists of the different types of content you are making and make it show on the home page of your channel. The layout of your page will get the your new viewers to be interested in your content.
2. Upload more because on YouTube it favors consistency. You can't get on people that are not subbed recommendations if you are not uploading consistently.
3. You videos are informative but your mic volume is very low you may want to make it a little louder in your editing software.
4. You need channel tags that will make it easy for people to find you on YouTube search. Make the channel tags related to the content that you are making.

Rick Ace

Subscriber Goal
I was looking at your banner and then your thumbnail and titles and I couldn't figure out what your channel is about. It seems like it's two different subject which makes it confusing.
You should try to upload more consistently on a set schedule.
There's is too much text in your thumbnails and the text is too small. I can't read half of it. You should put the text bigger and have a max of 4 or 5 words.
The artwork on the thumbnail is interesting though.