• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

TubeBuddy Suggestion Channel Ranks

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
One of the things I find very insightful about TubeBuddy is the milestones... and I am curious if you have the ability to consider adding some of the features that SocialBlade offers. SocialBlade shows you your channel rank for various demographics (like country, category and subscriber ranks). Now those numbers I don't find very helpful, but would request that if this were possible to maybe offer ranks by percentage... For example, instead of telling me that I am the 61,343rd highest ranking channel in the Sports Category let me know that I am in the top 12% of that category. I would find it immensely encouraging to know where I fall in the country and subscribers demographics, and considering the vast majority of channels on YT fall around the 100 subscriber mark I would think it would be equally as motivating to other small channels.
sbranks.png

Reactions: Steve the Barman

AJAX

I agree! There could be a toggle feature in case you would want to see specifics

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
Woooaaaah... I am a stats and analytics Freak. What you're suggesting @Stanley Orchard would have me glued to analytics 24/7! :joy: I like it though. Why do i not have Social Blade in my Life?!?!

Have you set those Keyword Ranking Reports that you can set up for yourself in the back office of TubeBuddy? You can go in any day and run reports, but i leave mine till Monday am, then they get emailed to me ever week. That's cool!!
I LOVE competing with myself there. If i drop a few places on a search term, I'm SAVAGE for the next 30 minutes! :joy:

Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
One of the things I find very insightful about TubeBuddy is the milestones... and I am curious if you have the ability to consider adding some of the features that SocialBlade offers. SocialBlade shows you your channel rank for various demographics (like country, category and subscriber ranks). Now those numbers I don't find very helpful, but would request that if this were possible to maybe offer ranks by percentage... For example, instead of telling me that I am the 61,343rd highest ranking channel in the Sports Category let me know that I am in the top 12% of that category. I would find it immensely encouraging to know where I fall in the country and subscribers demographics, and considering the vast majority of channels on YT fall around the 100 subscriber mark I would think it would be equally as motivating to other small channels.
View attachment 5457

So we don't want to just rip a feature from another software. Also the ranking system is based on their own metrics, and while it's useful I'm not sure it's accuracy I mean we have all seen their estimated earnings right? haha

OP
OP
Stanley | Team TB

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
So we don't want to just rip a feature from another software. Also the ranking system is based on their own metrics, and while it's useful I'm not sure it's accuracy I mean we have all seen their estimated earnings right? haha
Totally understand that... I am not a fan of their approach and this isn't a big loss.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm not the biggest fan of a ranking system. It further pushes the idea of competition and "why does x get more views when I have x" kinda of frustrations. No one (except the top top top tier creators) is going to get number 1 spot or anywhere close, so I see it as a fairly useless metric that's only for vanity. That's just my 2 cents though.

Reactions: Stanley | Team TB