• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice I think I did everything right with my last Vid

Carpot

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Hey there,

For three weeks I was kind of locked at about 20 Views per day. But with the release of my video yesterday, it seems that I have done something right.

Unbenannt.png

The problem is, it will be kind of hard to do the same again, as the video is an explanation video.
I just hope that this boost will effect my future videos too.
Any experiences?

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Some questions:
1. What was the topic of the video that blew up?
2. What SEO tips did you use?
3. Where did you share?

OP
OP
C

Carpot

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
1. It was a gaming video explaining the mechanics of a card deck
2. I used played around with some tags that would fit and when I found a decent one I picked it and built everything else around it with relevant tags + I used my keywords in the title and in the description. But that is something I do for every video
3. I shared on Twitter and Facebook as always

• Love
Reactions: IanDominicTV

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
1. It was a gaming video explaining the mechanics of a card deck
2. I used played around with some tags that would fit and when I found a decent one I picked it and built everything else around it with relevant tags + I used my keywords in the title and in the description. But that is something I do for every video
3. I shared on Twitter and Facebook as always

That's awesome it looks like it worked well for you! You went to help people, and the results help you in return :D

• Haha
Reactions: Carpot
OP
OP
C

Carpot

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
That's awesome it looks like it worked well for you! You went to help people, and the results help you in return :D
Yes :D But I not every video from me is tutorial-like. 70% are just gameplay. Do you think such "great-working" videos will effect my other videos (future and past ones)?

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
Congrats! That's awesome! What time of day and day of the week did you post it? Sometimes I find I get more views if I post at a certain time and day of the week.

OP
OP
C

Carpot

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Normaly I post every day at 12. But watching my statistics, I found out that I had the most views between 19 o'clock and 3 o'clock so I might change my upload shedule a bit. This would have a big benefit: If I cant record the evening before release, I do have enough time on the next day (even after work).

Reactions: ASMRSadie

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
Normaly I post every day at 12. But watching my statistics, I found out that I had the most views between 19 o'clock and 3 o'clock so I might change my upload shedule a bit. This would have a big benefit: If I cant record the evening before release, I do have enough time on the next day (even after work).
Its also helpful to check out what your viewer demographic is. See if you have a lot of teenagers and young adults it might be better to post later. But it sounds like experimenting with the times you tend to get more views may help increase the views your channel gets.

OP
OP
C

Carpot

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Its also helpful to check out what your viewer demographic is. See if you have a lot of teenagers and young adults it might be better to post later. But it sounds like experimenting with the times you tend to get more views may help increase the views your channel gets.
Unfortunatly my channel is too fresh to see the demographics :D But day by day I get more data to analyse and it is always like an aha-effect for me

Reactions: ASMRSadie

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
Unfortunatly my channel is too fresh to see the demographics :D But day by day I get more data to analyse and it is always like an aha-effect for me
Give it a little time it will show up soon. What I do is sometimes take notes. Like I had one video blow up that I posted on a Friday at 10 in the morning. Typically I post content right around then weekdays. Normally I get about 100-1000 or so views on average with my videos. Some I've gotten more but that's been the recent trend on my channel. This one got about 10k views fast. Though I think it helped that the video was content my audience really wanted to see. I now know that posting to youtube during that time especially may help my channel with views.

Reactions: Carpot