• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Views but no Subscriptions

Eclecticstyle

Subscriber Goal
A majority, actually most of my views come from my Instagram since I link and share whenever I post a new video. It seems that people are watching but no one is actually subscribing. Most of my subs are not watching my videos. I am not sure what the problem may be but it really makes me question the content I am producing and if there is something wrong. Any suggestions?

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
Do you have call to action? I start and end with call to action ( Please subscribe to my channel or dont forget to subscribe to my channel if you love my video) There are some video i have been very emotional by asking them ( Let's grow this channel together, show me some love by subscribing) and in all my video I have my subscribe banner at the begining and end of the video. On the subs not watching, I have 6681 and only 1000 actually watch my videoes. Someone asked once, what we need is people viewing our video once you pass through the milestone for monetization.

Do you have call to action? I start and end with call to action ( Please subscribe to my channel or dont forget to subscribe to my channel if you love my video) There are some video i have been very emotional by asking them ( Let's grow this channel together, show me some love by subscribing) and in all my video I have my subscribe banner at the begining and end of the video. On the subs not watching, I have 6681 and only 1000 actually watch my videoes. Someone asked once, what we need is people viewing our video once you pass through the milestone for monetization.
If you want people to help review your channel and content then head to that section after you met the criteria. I will gladly look at your channel when you do a channel review.

Reactions: Eclecticstyle
OP
OP
Eclecticstyle

Eclecticstyle

Subscriber Goal
Thank you for these wonderful suggestions, I will ask myself if I actually have a call to action

If you want people to help review your channel and content then head to that section after you met the criteria. I will gladly look at your channel when you do a channel review.
No problem, thank you

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Try and do calls to action because it is an effective way to get subscribers.

Carpot

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
When do you do your call to action? At the beginning or at the end? Until now, I always did at the end of the video. But there is one problem, not everybody is watching my vids till the end. I think about doing my call to action at the beginning. How do you handle it?

Niki Proshin

Known Member
I'd reply as a viewer. Calls to action may be a powerful tool for getting me subscribed to you, but it also may be a reason to stop watching your video immediately.

If your video is very entertaining/helpful and you do call to action AFTER I realize its value - I'll consider subscribing. But before that I will see what other videos you have on your channel, and what videos I could expect from you in the future. IMO, that's why it's important being consistent with your videos.

But what if you give me a call to action before the video even starts? Well, if I was searching for a how-to video or the topic of the video is VERY interesting for me - I will jump right to the content, skipping call to action. OR I will close the video immediately if I had just a slight interest to watch that (like, attracted by an interesting thumbnail or title).

Create great content first, and you'll gain more people subscribing to you! (that's what I am learning to do now)

Reactions: Carpot

Carpot

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I'd reply as a viewer. Calls to action may be a powerful tool for getting me subscribed to you, but it also may be a reason to stop watching your video immediately.

If your video is very entertaining/helpful and you do call to action AFTER I realize its value - I'll consider subscribing. But before that I will see what other videos you have on your channel, and what videos I could expect from you in the future. IMO, that's why it's important being consistent with your videos.

But what if you give me a call to action before the video even starts? Well, if I was searching for a how-to video or the topic of the video is VERY interesting for me - I will jump right to the content, skipping call to action. OR I will close the video immediately if I had just a slight interest to watch that (like, attracted by an interesting thumbnail or title).

Create great content first, and you'll gain more people subscribing to you! (that's what I am learning to do now)
That is exactly the reason why I do my CTA at the end of the videos. People who do not watch till the end, will probably not subscribe to my channel any way.

blackbeltsecrets

BlackBeltBarrister
www.blackbeltbarrister.com
Subscriber Goal
A majority, actually most of my views come from my Instagram since I link and share whenever I post a new video. It seems that people are watching but no one is actually subscribing. Most of my subs are not watching my videos. I am not sure what the problem may be but it really makes me question the content I am producing and if there is something wrong. Any suggestions?
That's great that you're getting views from other sources. My early views came from Reddit. Even with over 40k subscribers, most
of my views are from NON subscribers!

blackbeltsecrets

BlackBeltBarrister
www.blackbeltbarrister.com
Subscriber Goal
Also, a well-crafted call to action can really work well - people have to be TOLD to remember to subscribe sometimes!

• Haha
Reactions: Mikeyfortune