• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Advice why do people recommend having 140 vids published before worring about stuff

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
Simply because YouTube takes time!! You might be lucky and get a couple of Videos to Pop, but the reality is, it's going to take 50-100-150 videos to get traction. I'm 350 Videos in. Granted, for 2 years after taking it seriously, I didn't really know how to Tag properly and get found in Search. I started in 2016. I took it seriously in 2018.

I truly learned the art of YouTube in December 2019. In January/February of this year is was peaking at 700 views a day... THATS AFTER uploading nearly 300 Videos. However in March 2020, i started to get traction. Now i'm getting 3000 to nearly 5000 Views a Day. My channel has just magically kicked in. It's still not flying like the big boys, but it's now getting there. PURELY BECAUSE I now "get it" and have learned from mistakes made in Uploads 1-250! I wish I'd found TubeBuddy back in 2018 because i'd be about 1 million views further down the road.

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Perhaps itΓÇÖs more to do with making a stake in the youtube environment. YouΓÇÖre an unknown in the scheme of things. I see it as kinda like starting a new job. You see to prove yourself to be consistent, truthful and trusting. This comes about with your content and this takes time and effort. I guess if YouTube just promoted only new channels those who worked up through the ranks would get disillusioned and likely leave. Not good or their revenue. You need to work honestly and hard and the good work will pay off because your subscribers and fans love what you do and will stick around. Also you need to start saturating the site with your videos so theyΓÇÖre more likely to show up in search. ItΓÇÖs kinda Russian roulette at the beginning. The more lottery tickets the more likely youΓÇÖll win something even every small. Patience my friend, not everyone goes viral. Just keep chugging along

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
so i have been wonder Alot lately that why do people say you should have over 140 videos before you start to worry about views and subs
Plain truth is at 50 video you might still be experiementing. By 200-250 you must have learnt from experience and should now be enjoying what you are doing. My channel daily view rose to 1000 at my 350 video an now its 2000 at 500 video. I guess the ratio might be right but then people give up easily.

Last edited:

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
so i have been wonder Alot lately that why do people say you should have over 140 videos before you start to worry about views and subs
The more practice you get the better your videos will become. It takes at least 20 videos to even start to get out there on YouTube. At least 100 before your quality and techniques may improve.

I know in the book Outliers it talks about it taking 10,000 hours to master something. Though IΓÇÖm sure someone could do an amazing job long before then. IΓÇÖm doing a decent job, and getting better all the time. ThatΓÇÖs with over 5 years having this channel, and somewhere right around 100 hours of videos just on this channel alone. (I have a couple other ones. Maybe a combined total of 150 or so hours. )
IΓÇÖd say every 100 videos I notice a slight improvement.

Travel Interesante

Recognized Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Even within 25+ videos, looking back on some of our first videos, it is pretty easy to notice an improvement (but still have a long way to go!). YouTube is very much a marathon and not a sprint and learning from your own mistakes is super important. I came from a background with no experience in this and I'm learning something new basically every single day.

Super glad to have found Tubebuddy early on and will keep using it to hopefully level up further as my wife and I get better at making videos. Best of luck in your journey!

The Rockstar Cat

TubeBuddy Pro
therockstarcat.com
Subscriber Goal
Even within 25+ videos, looking back on some of our first videos, it is pretty easy to notice an improvement (but still have a long way to go!). YouTube is very much a marathon and not a sprint and learning from your own mistakes is super important. I came from a background with no experience in this and I'm learning something new basically every single day.

Totally agree! Actually, I'm sort of glad it's taking a while to get some traction so not as many people see my early attempts!

Moto Mengy

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
We learn by doing. With Youtube that means we learn by making videos. Mistakes will be made and they will equate to lessons which gain us skill and knowledge. That takes time, or rather that takes a lot of "bad" videos uploaded to begin making "good" or successful videos.

Some channels get lucky and hit gold, some people have natural skill. Most simply need to put in the work, learn by doing, grow an audience slowly, and most importantly get noticed by the YT algorithm. Persistence is what it takes to get there, and that means many dozens of videos over a long period of time.

This is the Way. :cool:

Reactions: Damon