• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Have you ever tried to clickbait people to get views? (be honest i'm curious)

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
No I donΓÇÖt but some of the channels I subscribed to do and itΓÇÖs down right annoying. I found if itΓÇÖs done too much I donΓÇÖt click on their stuff as much. I would rather not do it. Or if I have itΓÇÖs unintentional

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
I tried out a very sensationalized topic/thumbnail once. Did not go over very well. It wasn't clickbait, but the audience saw right through it. Just didn't work for me.

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
Few years ago people started clickbaiting allot of people just to get views and attention. e.g. giveaways
Clickbaiting on my YouTube channel would make me not be an expert in my field as I talk about lifeissues and I need people to feel they can trust me on any discussion I bring. For giveaways, I have other social media account linked to my YouTube (same name and affiliated) I do giveaways there. I have a news blog too so I also do giveaways there that is linked to my YouTube channel. Then again my audience are mostly African's so they need that giveaways to feel I actually care about social injustice happening. These are not done in my YouTube channel though all the accounts work together.

• Love
Reactions: Josh Tan

TheAGames10

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have never used clickbait ever in my life, I honestly don't want to start using it now or ever in the future.