• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question What creative comment to pin?

EggCreatorGaming

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Hello, I have tried to think for a creative way to pin an attractive comment (mines of course) it sounds like this: "I will pin the most creative or funny comment 48h after posting this video, this is your chance for your comment to become viral so why shouldn't you give it a go?"
Am I breaking any Youtube rules? Any thoughts? Thank you:)

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hmm, interesting question. Not sure about the rules breaking part. But I'm curious why wait 48 hours to pin a comment? I, personally, would do it within the first few hours but that's just my thought.

Reactions: EggCreatorGaming
OP
OP
EggCreatorGaming

EggCreatorGaming

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Pro
Hm, I would keep this comment pinned for 48h untill I will choose a winner....I presumed it's clear enough...maybe we can brainstorm another more professional look of my idea here...

So my quoted comment will be pinned for 48h and then unpinned in favour to the winning comment if it makes sense

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Oh, I see. I guess from my perspective ""I will pin the most creative or funny comment 48h after posting this video," sounds like you'll pin it after 48 hours. But if it said "I will pin the most creative or funny comment for 48h after posting this video," then it would have made more sense to me. But I see what you meant. I actually like that idea.

Reactions: EggCreatorGaming

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello, I have tried to think for a creative way to pin an attractive comment (mines of course) it sounds like this: "I will pin the most creative or funny comment 48h after posting this video, this is your chance for your comment to become viral so why shouldn't you give it a go?"
Am I breaking any Youtube rules? Any thoughts? Thank you:)

It could easily be seen as a way to abuse metrics within YouTube, which is against TOS, so I would advise against it.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
It sounds somewhat similar to Youtubers who say that they'll do a certain thing if the video hits 100 likes or comments, etc. :thinking: