• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question 2020 Youtube Goals

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
What are some goals or milestones that you would like to hit for your channel this year. And realistic ones.

I'd like to get to 10,000 subscribers. That is one big goal I have for my channel. What is yours?

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I'd like to be able to hit at least 100 new videos once I get my channel restarted. 1000 subs would be fantastic not necessarily because of the potential monetizing of the channel but because it's the one goal everyone wants to reach. I also hope to improve my style and become less shy on video.

Jonnoi

Recognized Member
Member of the Month
Subscriber Goal
I second @BraveStarrTG because it's the goal every New YouTuber wants to Achieve. I would also love to get at least 2000 watch hours and be more consistent with my posting schedule. Things are a bit tough at the moment but I know that's not an excuse.

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Improving my content and being able to finally disclose to my family and subscribers the direction my channel will be taking. IΓÇÖm very excited about it. I would love to hit 500 subscribers by the end of the year but IΓÇÖm not too worried about that. IΓÇÖm actually more concerned about views.

testacct

Subscriber Goal
What are some goals or milestones that you would like to hit for your channel this year. And realistic ones.

I'd like to get to 10,000 subscribers. That is one big goal I have for my channel. What is yours?

1000 subs and 1 L Views to start with ...

• Love
Reactions: ASMRSadie

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey, umm, it's important to note that there is a big difference between a goal and a hoped-for outcome. A goal you can control, hope-for outcomes you cannot.

If someone says, "I want to upload 100 videos this year."
That's a goal. You make that happen.

If someone says, "I want to gain 100,000 subscribers this year."
That's a hoped-for outcome. It might happen or it might not.

In addition goals usually need upper and lower limits. Upper limits prevent burn out. Lower limits insure forward progress.
If a person says, "I want to produce two to four videos per week." That's a goal with upper and lower limits designed to prevent burnout yet insure continued forward progress.

Last edited:
OP
OP
ASMRSadie

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
Hey, umm, it's important to note that there is a big difference between a goal and a hoped-for outcome. A goal you can control, hope-for outcomes you cannot.

In addition goal usually needs upper an lower limits. Upper limits prevent burn out. Lower limits insure forward progress.
If a person says, "I want to produce two to four videos per week." That's a goal with upper and lower limits designed to prevent burnout yet insure continued forward progress.
Good point yes. As far as goals IΓÇÖd like to improve my lighting. I got a lighting attachment for my camera. And I have my ring light. So hopefully that helps. And I want to get good at thumbnails. Find a good program and work on my skills. I already post about one video per day. IΓÇÖd like to be consistent with that. Maybe when I have some free time being able to create and edit at least a months worth of videos. That way I just have to publish them and then slowly create new ones as IΓÇÖm working on those.

Netski64

www.shareintlstudio.com
Subscriber Goal

In addition goals usually need upper and lower limits. Upper limits prevent burn out. Lower limits insure forward progress.

Agree. Good point.

Reactions: Damon

blackbeltsecrets

BlackBeltBarrister
www.blackbeltbarrister.com
Subscriber Goal

I think that's a very realistic target!
Mine is just sort of floating along; my immediate focus is on 50k because that gives me a 1/2 way point to my first play button! It still feels so far away >< !

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
I'm the same, 10,000 Subs. I'm on Target for that now, going up 20-50 a day. I had set the target of 500,000 Views...but scarily, that will actually come 6 months early. that should drop in next month.

The other thing i would like to do is to break the 4 minute average watch time, but i think that's a huge ask on my 5-10/12 minute content.
For example, I had a video that i released 13 days ago...YouTube took it and it absolutely flew, 1900 views in the first 2 days (My normal views are 200-300 in 7 days). However, even though that video is perfectly tagged for the audience it was meant for...and in now way Clickbaity, YT obv took it to another niche and the average Watch Time of that video for 4 days was less than 30 seconds...as in it had a 90% drop off by 15 seconds! I still can't work out why that video took off...and Who/How it was being shown to. No idea. That Video has now only ticked up to 1980 views... so another 60 ish views in 11 days. So that one Video has hurt my channel to some extent and in a week has taken my Channel Average Watch Time down by just under 40 seconds!

Goode Life Outdoors

Subscriber Goal
My number 1 goal is to regularly post every week. My original target for subscribers was 500 in 2020, however, I may bump that up, since I'm gaining so well. If I hit 1,000 this year, I definitely won't complain!

• Love
Reactions: EggCreatorGaming

WorldComposting

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have taken a different thought as goals should be things you can change or do. Next is a vision (outcome) that you hope will happen based on your goals

2020 Goals:
  1. Post more Videos than 2019 (>56)
  2. Open up the revenue funnel (Amazon links, referral links, etc..)
  3. Update thumbnails, tags, and descriptions for older videos
  4. Get better at calling out referral links in my new videos
  5. Improve editing and trim down waste in videos
2020 Vision: What I hope will happen based on my goals
  1. 20% more views from 2019
  2. More subscribers gained per month
  3. Increased revenue from other sources

• Love
Reactions: EggCreatorGaming

TheAGames10

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
My goal for YT in 2020 is to get 100k subscribers, and judging by the amount I have nowadays, I can possibly get it this year :)