• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Most irritating video plans...

Josh Tan

www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Have you ever had the time when you made a video but you don't think your subscribers would watch or interest in so you cancel your plan on making that video?

blackbeltsecrets

BlackBeltBarrister
www.blackbeltbarrister.com
Subscriber Goal
I think that's a good thing, because it means you don't waste lots of time creating a video that no one is going to watch but refine your plan to make it something that people will watch, on the other hand, make sure you don't just abandon a plan because you get to self-critical because you will need to go through a process of trial and error to find out what people will watch

• Love
Reactions: Josh Tan and Jonnoi

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I've had a few, but I usually toss them to the side just in case I might use the idea later on (you never know).

Reactions: Josh Tan

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Have you ever had the time when you made a video but you don't think your subscribers would watch or interest in so you cancel your plan on making that video?

Yes I think it's almost a right of passage, knowing who your audience is, and researching before you create helps a TON and has helped me make better videos :)

• Love

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
No. all my videos get posted. Simply becasue i know out of 3000+ subscribers, about 2500 are not really interested in my content. :joy: sounds a bit nuts, but at the moment, by channel is 90% search based views. So all my content is planned around ranking well in search. I am picking up 30-40 subs a day now. And those new subs are commenting a lot, so i know i'm building a loyal audience now. But i also know that if i did content for the minority, i wouldn't get the views. Real Chicken & Egg situation. My content doesn't vary too much. It's all Spiced Rum and Cocktails. But not every Sub, will be interested in every cocktail. Its that simple.

• Haha

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
But not every Sub, will be interested in every cocktail. Its that simple.

SO IMPORTANT! It's great to make content for your audience, but even YT has said only 1% to 2.5% on average watch your content from even the notification bell, so focus on new viewers, and turn them into fans and help them. Love it :D

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
Hi, like veryone already said. I make videos on issues I am senstive about and that are trending. I do my research so that I will sound like an expert on the issue then I make the video. Sometimes I get 30 views other times I get 1,000 views. Frankly speaking, I dont make video for my current subscribers but for my nitch. If the topic is in line with the etos of my channel I will do it. Made a video last year, had only 20 views first 5 months I uploaded, during xmas it skyrocket to 130k and now it like 196k. Learnt since then to make good quality video based on SEO and trends, one day that poor performing video will earn you the big earning you want. Just love doing it, keep it safe as you might find it handy one day.

kalaspuffar

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
danielpersson.dev
Subscriber Goal
Yes, but I posted that video too. The video with most traction on my channel I made for me because I was annoyed with the current situation. There was another channel that described a topic so badly that I got confused so I posted a video as a rant on how they should have explained it. I did not think anyone would watch it but I guess I was wrong.