• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Help Video no longer shows up in searches

Pool Addiction

I published a video in March and it was doing really well and around 17 April it just stopped. I was averaging 200-400 views every 48 hours but now it has been down to 12 views per 48 hours since 17 April. I noticed the video will not show up in any searches wither on YouTube or Google, even if you search for the exact title but you can go to my channel and watch it or if you have the URL you can watch it. There are not copyright stikes on it and nothing that can tell that would do this. I have tried re-wording the title and description, removed and added tags and nothing has worked. It has over 10K views and over 130 comments. Before I delete it and try to re-upload it to see if that fixes it, I was wondering if there's something that TubeBuddy could do to help fix the issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Sad
Reactions: Damon

dean the rat

Known Member
I published a video in March and it was doing really well and around 17 April it just stopped. I was averaging 200-400 views every 48 hours but now it has been down to 12 views per 48 hours since 17 April. I noticed the video will not show up in any searches wither on YouTube or Google, even if you search for the exact title but you can go to my channel and watch it or if you have the URL you can watch it. There are not copyright stikes on it and nothing that can tell that would do this. I have tried re-wording the title and description, removed and added tags and nothing has worked. It has over 10K views and over 130 comments. Before I delete it and try to re-upload it to see if that fixes it, I was wondering if there's something that TubeBuddy could do to help fix the issue. The video URL is
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SbT0-beOQIU
i would not delete it imo, but i have that problem but usually its with my overall chanel views since im small my numbers dont come near yours but for 2 straight weeks everyday i got over 100 views then out of no were that took a nose dive and now im lucky to pass 50 channel views

OP
OP
Pool Addiction

Pool Addiction

i would not delete it imo, but i have that problem but usually its with my overall chanel views since im small my numbers dont come near yours but for 2 straight weeks everyday i got over 100 views then out of no were that took a nose dive and now im lucky to pass 50 channel views
Yeah, I really don't want to delete it and start over with the video either but at the same time I am losing out on a lot views in the meantime. YouTube has been zero help. From I found out researching the subject, people say to change up the title, description, and change the tags. They also say to wait a few days to see if it fixes it and it hasn't. The last thing they say to do is to delete the video then re-upload it and that should fix it but what if it doesn't? What's even more surprising is my channel's views have dropped almost in half from the numbers I had before I put that video out. None of the other videos on the channel are experiencing this problem.

dean the rat

Known Member
i would focus on making another vid of the same thing but keep that video and put it on private, then after your done with the remake, put a card in the video saying check out the original or something, try this way

OP
OP
Pool Addiction

Pool Addiction

i would focus on making another vid of the same thing but keep that video and put it on private, then after your done with the remake, put a card in the video saying check out the original or something, try this way
That's an idea, I think I will give that a go today and see how it works out, thanks!

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
1. You're not losing views.
2. Don't delete the video.
3. Make a playlist of videos on that topic.
4. Focus on producing your first 140 videos. 14 is too low a sample size to make any decision regarding your channel.
5. Your review videos are killing it. Focus on those, and chunk the rest.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
1. You're not losing views.
2. Don't delete the video.
3. Make a playlist of videos on that topic.
4. Focus on producing your first 140 videos. 14 is too low a sample size to make any decision regarding your channel.
5. Your review videos are killing it. Focus on those, and chunk the rest.

GREAT advice!

Reactions: EggCreatorGaming
OP
OP
Pool Addiction

Pool Addiction

I made an update to the original video with a quick slide at the beginning explaining why it was a re-upload. I also put explanations in the description and posted a comment. I even put a quick thing on the thumbnail. I re-uploaded it and Youtube did not detect it as a duplicate so I am keeping both on the channel that way I can continue to get the views I was getting before as well as keep the old one with all the views and comments. I still wish I knew why the YouTube algorithm did that to the video. Thanks everyone for the help!

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I made an update to the original video with a quick slide at the beginning explaining why it was a re-upload. I also put explanations in the description and posted a comment. I even put a quick thing on the thumbnail. I re-uploaded it and Youtube did not detect it as a duplicate so I am keeping both on the channel that way I can continue to get the views I was getting before as well as keep the old one with all the views and comments. I still wish I knew why the YouTube algorithm did that to the video. Thanks everyone for the help!

That can still get you in trouble.... if it's every manually reported and YT sees it's a clear duplicate, you can and will get in trouble....

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Just forget the new video. Delete the new one. The old video will still get you views in the coming years. I don't mean to sound harsh, but you're looking the wrong direction. These things wax and wane over the years.

Make a playlist of review videos based on the products that you use. You're focusing to much on what you've already done, and not focusing at all on where you're going to go in the future. Your next 150 videos are far more important than this one video you're hung up on.

Forget the success you had on that one video. You've fixated on one video. You need to focus your attention on the next 150 videos. Plan out that new 150 review videos, and don't look back until you have 150 video on your channel. You simply don't have enough data to worry about any one video.

Reactions: TubeBuddy
OP
OP
Pool Addiction

Pool Addiction

Thanks for the advice but I think if IΓÇÖm going to delete one of them, it will probably be the original. It may have 10K views right now but itΓÇÖs only averaging 5 views a day. Providing the new video doesnΓÇÖt encounter the same search issue the original video had, I will easily get the views back soon enough. I know the first 24 hours of a new video it does well but in 3 hours itΓÇÖs already over 100 views. The reason why IΓÇÖm focused on what IΓÇÖve done is this type a video gets my channel a lot of traffic and a lot of subscribers as a result. The vast majority of the views on my videos come from searches. This video is a hot topic with my niche and without it drawing traffic in it will hinder the channels growth. This do over is relatively early in the videos age as well.

Damon

Trusted User
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Instead of making the same video, approach the topic from a different angle, a different perspective. Cover a different aspect. Ask What if and do something out of the box. If the topic is so hot you should not have a problem making eight or 10 new videos each covering a different aspect of the topic to really build some traffic instead of rehashing the same old video.

Look at the little known aspect of the product you are reviewing and focus on those instead of making the same video gain and again. You're still stuck on one video and there is a whole other way to go about generating search traffic to your channel.

A playlist covering different aspects of that hot topic is a far more effective way to do exactly what you're hoping the new video will do.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Instead of making the same video, approach the topic from a different angle, a different perspective. Cover a different aspect. Ask What if and do something out of the box. If the topic is so hot you should not have a problem making eight or 10 new videos each covering a different aspect of the topic to really build some traffic instead of rehashing the same old video.

Look at the little known aspect of the product you are reviewing and focus on those instead of making the same video gain and again. You're still stuck on one video and there is a whole other way to go about generating search traffic to your channel.

A playlist covering different aspects of that hot topic is a far more effective way to do exactly what you're hoping the new video will do.

AGREED.

Reactions: Damon