• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question Spammers

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
How do spammers find you on YouTube I seem to be getting a lot. The worst thing is I have limited features to stop them as IΓÇÖm using mobile versions. How do you pick a spammer and what can I do given previous info. IΓÇÖm feeling like IΓÇÖve been targeted atm. IΓÇÖm wondering as it seems there are more than one channel with same name. One has a huge amount of subs and other has hardly any. This is really stressing me out. Is this just something you need to get use to

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
You can filter your comments so you approve each one. I have that set up & it shows me comments that are able to be approved and ones that are likely spam. IΓÇÖve had my channel for over 5 years and still get a handful of spammers.

Reactions: TakeEachDay

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Find the keywords like "check out my channel" or "sub4sub" etc. and add it to your blocked words. It'll filter out those comments and you can choose to either approve or delete it.

Reactions: TakeEachDay

Kevin Cross

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I had numerous requests for sub2sub especially during live streams. I tend to delete the comment and block the user

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I agree with Ikerot, use the word filter list. YouTube will set aside filtered comments for manual approval, or deletion. I got a list from someone, that contains hundreds of words (mostly dirty), you can easily add words, like sub4sub, to the list.

OP
OP
TakeEachDay

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I cannot access the word filter on the apps is there another way as I dont have a laptop or computer

Reactions: Paulan

Paulan

TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I actually tried sub4sub method before which made me stressed because in reality lots of them are not watching that's why some comments is in spam . I have lots of spammers and then I started to block words and I stop that method because I think it's not worth it . And I knew they're not watching because when I check the watch hours there's no additional. There is also one to three spammers with lots of subscribers that I knew after I watched a video which I found them also in my channel with a very lovely comments. After I knew theyre spammers then I just ignored specially when I upload a new vid they pop up so quick. It's better to ignore them or block some words on your settings.

OP
OP
TakeEachDay

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I think the other way because we are the same I'm using phone also, What I did is I open YouTube on my browser and there you can do it.
Thankyou I worked it out and itΓÇÖs hopefully done I appreciate the advice

• Love
Reactions: Paulan