• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Opinion Harassed to collaborate

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I have had someone harassing me to collaborate now IΓÇÖm all for collaboration but I want to do it with channels similar to mine. This person is not a channel IΓÇÖd subscribe to. Do people subscribe to your channel then ask to collaborate to get more subscribers. Is that a thing. IΓÇÖm sure this is someone IΓÇÖve blocked before and theyΓÇÖve changed their channel or something. I feel bad saying no and if you do how would you word it to save face. This channel seems a little suspect and IΓÇÖm kinda concerned. Should I just ignore it. ItΓÇÖs really stressing me out

OP
OP
TakeEachDay

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
IMHO Ignore them, if they keep hassling you after you have blocked them...block their new channel or ignore...if it gets bad report them, screenshots of the harrasement help provide eveidence
Thankyou I have blocked them there are quite a few people having trouble so IΓÇÖve put in a complaint and screen shots as itΓÇÖs looking like hacker type activity

Reactions: Damon

BaldBoldBear

BaldBoldBearGaming
TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I have had someone harassing me to collaborate now IΓÇÖm all for collaboration but I want to do it with channels similar to mine. This person is not a channel IΓÇÖd subscribe to. Do people subscribe to your channel then ask to collaborate to get more subscribers. Is that a thing. IΓÇÖm sure this is someone IΓÇÖve blocked before and theyΓÇÖve changed their channel or something. I feel bad saying no and if you do how would you word it to save face. This channel seems a little suspect and IΓÇÖm kinda concerned. Should I just ignore it. ItΓÇÖs really stressing me out
That's entirely your choice, if you say no then that's final. In my opinion just have to ignore it, don't feel bad in saying no as it's gotta be done sometimes or the other. Yes collaborations are an excellent way for people in terms of growth however it really depends you really have to weigh out the advantages and disadvantages in this aspect. But go with what you think is best for you!

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

If they're harassing you, that's a HUGE red flag for me. If they don't have anything to do with your content, I wouldn't do it. In the end this is a bad situation, and I don't think much of what you said would get through since it hasn't in the past. My best advice is to be kind, say no. If they keep asking, and asking that is harassment IMO so I'd report/ hide/ mute.

Blessing

TubeBuddy Star
lifeissues787545603.blog
Subscriber Goal
Yeap!!1 Have this person that drop collabration message once I upload a video. Baring in mind I do news/family/lifestyle and he/she does music I sent a message to him/her asking how on earth are we going to collab. I mean, collaboration should not be just for the sake of it, I feel it should be meaningfull and add to my subcribers.

Reactions: TakeEachDay

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Why collab with the aggressor? How awkward would that collab be, honestly? xP

I'd hide and report their channel. You don't even need to say anything to them.

Kevin Cross

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Yeah I think you have done the right thing reporting it if they aren't willing to take no for an answer the first time. Hope they dissapear now!!

Skillay

TubeBuddy User
www.skillay.com
Subscriber Goal
Ignoring is the best :)

OP
OP
TakeEachDay

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
ItΓÇÖs funny they always use the same platform of copying music which have thousands of views. So you think itΓÇÖs legit then You click on videos and there are none.