• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Tips channel trailers

dean the rat

Known Member
how much do channel trailers help, i just finished mine but i want to know how much did uploading a channel trailer do for your channel

LiftToEAT

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I want to hear feedback on this. I haven't done one and just place my newest video as the trailer.

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
A channel trailer is a tricky thing. It is important to put your 'best foot forward,' that is to say that if someone comes to your page to see your work you have mere seconds to really grab their attention and convince them to subscribe. That is why it is important to have as many videos as possible (a full channel reflects someone who works hard and may be worth subscribing to) a colorful and informative channel banner (because lets face it, how many channels have YOU subscribed to that don't have a channel banner) and a channel trailer. This is one short opportunity to show your work to someone before they click on a video, and you want to sell them on a subscription IMMEDIATELY. Asking them to subscribe is important, but more important you want to show them the absolute best in what you do.

If you really nail an awesome trailer that's great... but another approach is to look through your own catalogue. Find the video that gets the most subscribers and make that your trailer. it's already working better than every video you've made, right? So you want to use that as your hook to get someone to subscribe. If your channel trailer can beat that then use a trailer, but if not use the video with the most subscribers.

Reactions: RobertHyman

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
how much do channel trailers help, i just finished mine but i want to know how much did uploading a channel trailer do for your channel

I always recommend if you don't have a designed channel trailer. Look at your videos that have a high rate of getting people to subscribe, and set that as your channel trailer. It's a GREAT opportunity to earn you views, and YT even has a version for people who are already subscribed too, so you can use that for recent uploads, and maybe have a high converting subscribe video be your channel trailer. You can find all of this through YT analytics :D

Virtual Road Trip

Familiar Member
Keep it short and general to your channel's theme. Its an introduction people get when they click on your channel. If they clicked on your channel it means they must have some interest in you. So put your best pitch there and keep it short and sweet.

VESam

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
If you really nail an awesome trailer that's great... but another approach is to look through your own catalogue. Find the video that gets the most subscribers and make that your trailer. it's already working better than every video you've made, right? So you want to use that as your hook to get someone to subscribe. If your channel trailer can beat that then use a trailer, but if not use the video with the most subscribers.

I always recommend if you don't have a designed channel trailer. Look at your videos that have a high rate of getting people to subscribe, and set that as your channel trailer. It's a GREAT opportunity to earn you views, and YT even has a version for people who are already subscribed too, so you can use that for recent uploads, and maybe have a high converting subscribe video be your channel trailer. You can find all of this through YT analytics :D

I've never actually thought about that and it's such a good suggestion! I'm going to try that in the future once I've posted some videos, it makes more sense than just your latest video - especially if that video isn't as good as the others!

• Love
Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

RobertHyman

TubeBuddy User
A channel trailer is a tricky thing. It is important to put your 'best foot forward,' that is to say that if someone comes to your page to see your work you have mere seconds to really grab their attention and convince them to subscribe. That is why it is important to have as many videos as possible (a full channel reflects someone who works hard and may be worth subscribing to) a colorful and informative channel banner (because lets face it, how many channels have YOU subscribed to that don't have a channel banner) and a channel trailer. This is one short opportunity to show your work to someone before they click on a video, and you want to sell them on a subscription IMMEDIATELY. Asking them to subscribe is important, but more important you want to show them the absolute best in what you do.

Great, now I have to go change my Trailer. lol

Reactions: Stanley | Team TB

IanDominicTV

Renowned Poster
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Channel trailers for me are just highlights of your best moments on the channel. I suggest you highlight the best moments you have on your channel and end it with a call to action.

blackbeltsecrets

BlackBeltBarrister
www.blackbeltbarrister.com
Subscriber Goal
Personally I think these help a lot because if you were just showing a random video you might not necessarily get a good idea for what the channel is offering, I need to get around to doing a good one!