• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Other Can you guys help with my YTPP request?

VerFriend

Hello!

My channel got approved for monetization in January, and then I made the mistake of uploading a video with a controversial topic and got de-monetized.
I immediately deleted that video and didn't modify anything else on my channel at all.
I sent my request and got rejected.
I received an e-mail where they told me that my content doesn't follow youtube policies.
I rewrote my descriptions and tags, and I also deleted 2 videos that I thought were the issue, but I got rejected again.
I've read that youtube policies article multiple times and I honestly can't find what the issue is. I don't have any copyright claims, and most of my videos are biographies.

I tried asking google in their forums but they didn't reply. :(

Can someone please help me find what I'm doing wrong?
I'll highly appreciate it!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRif3omF0sJJ9uXQ09DjJbw
(this is not a promotion, I'm just asking for help)

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello!

My channel got approved for monetization in January, and then I made the mistake of uploading a video with a controversial topic and got de-monetized.
I immediately deleted that video and didn't modify anything else on my channel at all.
I sent my request and got rejected.
I received an e-mail where they told me that my content doesn't follow youtube policies.
I rewrote my descriptions and tags, and I also deleted 2 videos that I thought were the issue, but I got rejected again.
I've read that youtube policies article multiple times and I honestly can't find what the issue is. I don't have any copyright claims, and most of my videos are biographies.

I tried asking google in their forums but they didn't reply. :(

Can someone please help me find what I'm doing wrong?
I'll highly appreciate it!!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCRif3omF0sJJ9uXQ09DjJbw
(this is not a promotion, I'm just asking for help)

Sadly there isn't much we can do on these forums, the best I could tell you is the YouTube help forums. Sorry about that :/ You could also try Team YouTube on twitter, but one demonetized video USUALLY doesn't get you kicked out so I guess it's really up to YT :)

OP
OP
VerFriend

VerFriend

I tried the youtube help forums and they didn't answer.
I'll reach Team YouTube on twitter.

Thank you so much Andrew, I'll keep you guys updated and hopefully I can help others with my case :)

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Well, at the moment YouTube employees are working from home and they did mention a lot of the services will be automated "and there may be a lot more copyright claimes and strikes" they didn't shy away from warning that there may be errors that they can't do much about right now and appologised for any inconvenience caused so there's a good chance that your appeal was also handled by a robot.

As for "controversial topics" it's possible you may have mentioned something to do covid19, china, chinese politics, or something about korean politics (it seems like you cover kpop topics) so maybe one of the singers was involved in something "controversial". heck, sometimes even just talking about someone's story can be classed as "controversial" to the robots.

It may also have something to do with the footage and stills that you used if they're not open domain and subject to copyright.

Also keep in mind the Google Cloud scans every frame of your video behind the scenes and determin "exactly" what is happening in your videos without even including metadata, so if you have any shots from the news etc, the google cloud might misinterpret that as "controversial"

robots make mistakes all the time, which is why we usually have humans to do human reviews. but with google staff working from home, that might be less of a possibility, so for now you might just have to ride out the storm until this all blows over

Hopefully teamyoutube on twitter might be able to help more :)

Reactions: TubeBuddy