• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Camera Gear Best way to reduce shaking

Steverd

Easy answer is a tripod, you can also get a nice Gimbal for cell phones.
I really like the ones by Zhiyun - If you must walk, get one of these.

Reactions: AurigaDave

AurigaDave

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.astronomyshows4schools.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
Gimbals are fine, tripods and monopods (with mobile phone attachment) also very good to use...IF you are wanting to image as you move then a gimbal is needed, otherwise any still object like a wall, car roof, gate etc will help loads, even kneeling down...experiment before you shell out cash :)

• Love
Reactions: TubeBuddy

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I have a big issue with shakiness (I think I have a thing called "essential tremor" I've had it for decades)
A gimble will work. Sometimes just having a counter weight will help.

I've found using a selfie stick is a cheap way to help. Otherwise you might need to rely on opticle stabalization (if your camera has it) digitial stabalization (if your software has it) or use a warp stabalization (Which will crop your image in a bit to work with shake)

gimbles, selfie sticks and tripods are your best bet. Even just adding weight to the device can help.

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Oh, and you can hold onto the neck of a tripod or selfie stick, and use the legs as a counterweight to act as a cheap makeshift steadycam rig.