• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question is it true your first 100 subs is the slowest

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
i felt that way to, i still do lol, like 7 billion people out there and i only have 60 subs
Now you have 70 not bad for a few days I havenΓÇÖt had any in weeks lol. YouΓÇÖll get there

Yes I agree! There is a lot of content on YouTube and on the internet in general! But if you keep creating and learning how to rank videos, eventually you'll get people staying and subscribing. My goal is to post 100 videos on the channel!
Yep I think you need to keep swimming lol

Jerose

TubeBuddy User
I'm currently at 112 subscriber and started uploading 2 months ago. I have 19 uploaded videos so far.

Guys, how do you put your youtube channel icon, when you are replying to forums. The one that looks like a signature something..

Oh, mine is now showing.. :)

Reactions: Paijo tr official

Mario So

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I'm currently at 112 subscriber and started uploading 2 months ago. I have 19 uploaded videos so far.

Guys, how do you put your youtube channel icon, when you are replying to forums. The one that looks like a signature something..
That's actually quite good! 19 videos in 2 months! Good job.

Boating Journey

TubeBuddy Star
www.boatingjourney.com
Subscriber Goal
Yes, it took us over a year to get to just 100! I will say, that since we added TubeBuddy 3 weeks ago, our subscribers have increased by 15! Considering we were at a standstill, we're thrilled with that.

Reactions: AurigaDave

Steve the Barman

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
stevethebarman.com
Subscriber Goal
Actually, my first 100 were easy. Family & Friends....and sharing Videos on my Faceache & Twitter. But we're talking roughly 2016. My hardest were actually 200-500. That was hard. But once you build up momentum post 500, they tick up nicely. I'm still small fry, but i pick up 20-40 a day, most days now and i've just ticked over 3000 Subs. 2000-3000 Subs took me just under 10 weeks. 1000-2000 took me about 4 months. But that 200-1000 took me about 2 years. Mainly cos i had no idea what i was doing!! :joy:

Reactions: Boating Journey

Paulan

TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Yes, the hardest part is to gain 100,500,1000 . I riched 100 -200 with lots of begging to friends 2 -3 months . It is still so hard and slow to get 300 and even 1000.

Boating Journey

TubeBuddy Star
www.boatingjourney.com
Subscriber Goal
We've picked up 14 new subscribers in just 7 days - is that a good statistic? Seems to be for us, since we were so stagnant for so long. I even Googled some of our video titles (after I did the SEO tool) and four of them come up on the first page. That's pretty cool we think!

610 Hustles

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I have been stuck on 8 subs for over 3 months now, hundreds of views but people don't seem to like to hit that subscribe button

Paulan

TubeBuddy User
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Actually, my first 100 were easy. Family & Friends....and sharing Videos on my Faceache & Twitter. But we're talking roughly 2016. My hardest were actually 200-500. That was hard. But once you build up momentum post 500, they tick up nicely. I'm still small fry, but i pick up 20-40 a day, most days now and i've just ticked over 3000 Subs. 2000-3000 Subs took me just under 10 weeks. 1000-2000 took me about 4 months. But that 200-1000 took me about 2 years. Mainly cos i had no idea what i was doing!! :joy:
Wow maybe someday they will tick so easy for me too hehe , It really takes time specially when we're still learning , now that I knew tubebuddy it helps me a lot it's when I knew to use tags and more btw congratulations to your channel who blew up because of tubebuddy.

• Love
Reactions: Steve the Barman

Stanley | Team TB

Amazingly Decent and Not-At-All Terrible Fishing
Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
Growth has a snowball effect... The more you grow the more you'll grow. Basically the more videos you post (and the more you follow a schedule) the more people who view your work realize that you are consistent, you provide value and are worth subscribing to. A LOT of channels make it to 300, 1,000 or more and then stop making videos because it's too much work. And nobody wants to subscribe to that. But the bigger you get the more faith people put in your channel, and the more you gain.

It is also worth noting that after 1,000 subscribers the focus kinda changes. You get to a point where the daily, weekly and even monthly sub gains just don't matter, they don't impact your channel. When you get to that point you tend to aim more for the bigger 'viral' videos that really escalate growth. That can be done under 1k (it's all about how great the content is, not your channel size). But usually it takes you a while to be able to make THAT kind of video.

At least that's my two cents.

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
@ASMRSadie I don't recall the exact number... but my jump from 400 to 1,000 took four months. And it took about five months for my first 100. I would guess that it probably took me about 20 videos to get to the jump, sounds about right to me. For reference I just hit 3,000 and have done 130 published videos.

Reactions: ASMRSadie

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
@ASMRSadie I don't recall the exact number... but my jump from 400 to 1,000 took four months. And it took about five months for my first 100. I would guess that it probably took me about 20 videos to get to the jump, sounds about right to me. For reference I just hit 3,000 and have done 130 published videos.
Yeah I wish there was a history data point to look back on. I don't think that there is on youtube studio online. Or is there?

Stanley | Team TB

Administrator
TubeBuddy Staff
Subscriber Goal
@ASMRSadie you can go back to your analytics, change the timeframe to whatever custom timeframe you want and then count the videos in that timeframe. I just didn't take the time to do that.