• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

YouTube Question is it true your first 100 subs is the slowest

dean the rat

Known Member
so i heard somewere that the slowest thing is gaining 100 subs, is it true and do you get more subs after 100 faster then the first 100 subs. like im almost at 60 but it feels like i will never be over 100 but i also started 3 months ago so, who am i to complan

Reactions: PhatBeetz

Mario So

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
I have heard that the hardest ones are 100, 500, and 1000. It took me 3 months to get to 100 posting once a week.

Reactions: PhatBeetz

StarrSales

TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I feel like I am lost in the ether. I have 23 subs in StarrSales (my reselling channel) and 2 on the Wordsmith, LLC (resume preparation channel) Please feel free to have a peek and subscribe. Thanks

OP
OP
dean the rat

dean the rat

Known Member
I feel like I am lost in the ether. I have 23 subs in StarrSales (my reselling channel) and 2 on the Wordsmith, LLC (resume preparation channel) Please feel free to have a peek and subscribe. Thanks
i felt that way to, i still do lol, like 7 billion people out there and i only have 60 subs

Reactions: TakeEachDay

TakeEachDay

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Yes itΓÇÖs been a slow tedious thing. ItΓÇÖs so hard to not take it personally lol. I do put work into how I edit and what I want my vids to look like. It really boils down to there are a lot of channels and a lot of competition for the same subscribers. Sometimes itΓÇÖs hard to not feel like youΓÇÖve missed the boat. IΓÇÖve decided to just keep making content and hope that one day in the future the statistics will be in my favour and my videos, being a lot of them out there start showing up from time to time. I think new you tubers can get caught up in the fantasy of getting big real quick. Now although that does happen itΓÇÖs likely for the majority itΓÇÖs just really solid hard work. Promoting your stuff is really tough at times and relentless. Just keep swimming as dory says and just maybe things will start to get moving. My goal was to have 100 at 6mth mark and 200 by 12 mth. I think that my reality. ItΓÇÖs hard work and to be honest IΓÇÖm doing this for fun and to document my son growing up at the same time. I think itΓÇÖs harder for those who want to make it big and it doesnΓÇÖt work out. Please donΓÇÖt give up just keep trying. Us little guys need to stick together.

Tito Tim

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
titotim.com
I am no expert but I think at the beginning we are all just lost in the crowd. YT promotes vids that they think will get views. A newbie has no track record... so they may put it out for recommendations, but will likely recommend a known quantity. It is a catch-22. They want to know you can get views before they promote you, but how do you get the views without some promotion?

But then again, I have a few thousand subs, good CTR, and retention, and I still feel like I am spinning my wheels ha ha

Bushnoughtdye

I am no expert but I think at the beginning we are all just lost in the crowd. YT promotes vids that they think will get views. A newbie has no track record... so they may put it out for recommendations, but will likely recommend a known quantity. It is a catch-22. They want to know you can get views before they promote you, but how do you get the views without some promotion?

But then again, I have a few thousand subs, good CTR, and retention, and I still feel like I am spinning my wheels ha ha
How will I also get my first 100 subscribers

Reactions: Paijo tr official

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
theoretically true to some degree. Your first 100 subscribers you're building a reputation. You're building a trust. up to 100 subscribers, these people are subscribing in the hopes you'll have more to give, they're hoping you'll be regular (I still need to work on the regularity) and they HOPE the videos you upload will be similar in value to the videos they may have already watched. When you're in the thousands, you're already establishing these elements and you have a more dedicated viewership. when you have 10, very few are watching, you're probably not getting many comments, and it just FEELS longer. It does gain momentum after a while.

How do you get there. Put out constant videos of VALUE that give someone a reason to subscribe. Why should they care about you? if someone doesn't know about you, you have to give them a reason to care, you have to show how good you are so that you can develope that relationship and community.

It took me about 3 months I think to get my first 100. and because I was following the trend of Jurassic World, the next 1000 came roughly a month or so later.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

YouTube will give newer channels benefit of the doubt in search with the new tab.

The first 100 is the hardest because USUALLY channels haven't decided what they want to do/ be yet, and so they struggle to create content that resonates with an audience. On my gaming channel it took a year, but on my personal channel took two weeks, but I knew who I wanted to help and that's IMPORTANT. Knowing your audience, and the content your'e creating fro them helps you grow.

TubeBuddy helps by giving you the tools to find opportunities for growth, but it's up to YOU as the creator to take those opportunists or not.

Mario So

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Yes itΓÇÖs been a slow tedious thing. ItΓÇÖs so hard to not take it personally lol. I do put work into how I edit and what I want my vids to look like. It really boils down to there are a lot of channels and a lot of competition for the same subscribers. Sometimes itΓÇÖs hard to not feel like youΓÇÖve missed the boat. IΓÇÖve decided to just keep making content and hope that one day in the future the statistics will be in my favour and my videos, being a lot of them out there start showing up from time to time. I think new you tubers can get caught up in the fantasy of getting big real quick. Now although that does happen itΓÇÖs likely for the majority itΓÇÖs just really solid hard work. Promoting your stuff is really tough at times and relentless. Just keep swimming as dory says and just maybe things will start to get moving. My goal was to have 100 at 6mth mark and 200 by 12 mth. I think that my reality. ItΓÇÖs hard work and to be honest IΓÇÖm doing this for fun and to document my son growing up at the same time. I think itΓÇÖs harder for those who want to make it big and it doesnΓÇÖt work out. Please donΓÇÖt give up just keep trying. Us little guys need to stick together.
Yes I agree! There is a lot of content on YouTube and on the internet in general! But if you keep creating and learning how to rank videos, eventually you'll get people staying and subscribing. My goal is to post 100 videos on the channel!

Mario So

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
YouTube will give newer channels benefit of the doubt in search with the new tab.

The first 100 is the hardest because USUALLY channels haven't decided what they want to do/ be yet, and so they struggle to create content that resonates with an audience. On my gaming channel it took a year, but on my personal channel took two weeks, but I knew who I wanted to help and that's IMPORTANT. Knowing your audience, and the content your'e creating fro them helps you grow.

TubeBuddy helps by giving you the tools to find opportunities for growth, but it's up to YOU as the creator to take those opportunists or not.
Two weeks?! That's awesome!

PhatBeetz

Recognized Member
Subscriber Goal
Slow and steady. It's compounding interest...mathematically and literally. It's really hard when you're just starting out, and it's just like any other endeavor that is worth pursuing. You have to be willing to take a pretty substantial amount of frustration to "make it" as they say.

That's why we're on this journey together! Misery loves company, no? :D

AurigaDave

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.astronomyshows4schools.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
so i heard somewere that the slowest thing is gaining 100 subs, is it true and do you get more subs after 100 faster then the first 100 subs. like im almost at 60 but it feels like i will never be over 100 but i also started 3 months ago so, who am i to complan
the first 100 seem the hardest as it is your first steps, but in reality the first 1000 take longer (logical) BUT how long things take depends on many factors..especially content and how hard you push the content.
It took me ages to get to 100, with a lot of begging of friends...but nearly 6 months to get to 1000, and this has been adided by the CV-19 lockdown...so I have had time to write more stuff, and publicise them heavily