• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review What else can I improve in this type of makeup videos?

zelia

TubeBuddy User

3Dista

Hi, Zeila. Hope you're well. I'm not an expert in Youtube. But few thing i noticed is maybe you can impove it. First is thumbnail. Maybe a different font! (You can change it time to time and see how it affects your CTR) I did actually changed on one of my YT channel which at the got more than 90K views. The other thing is at the begining i see 3x videos at the same time. Probably its better if you use just a single video :).
Consider to add a smooth relaxing music which you can increase or decrease time to time when u speak into the camera. Other thing maybe you can add some very closeup shots while putting lipstick. Hopefully these things will work for you. See you on top✌

Zainab Riyaz

TubeBuddy User
User name: zelia
Title of thread: What else can I improve in this type of makeup videos?
Self review: First time filming a makeup video and would love to have a feedback from you all, really want to improve on my channel, and finding my own niche.
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=clB6A3d4AT4&feature=youtu.be

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/25489/#post-70460
Hey dear, your makeup technique is cool. I loved your mascara.

ASMRSadie

ASMR Sadie
Subscriber Goal
IΓÇÖm not an expert and still learning quite a bit. Though I do have over 7300 subscribers, over a million views and have had my channel a little over 5 years.
So from my perspective IΓÇÖd say the beginning with the three images IΓÇÖd make it just one. Also lighting. (Something I need to work on) ButI think maybe adding a couple of side lights even if itΓÇÖs regular lamps might help improve your video.

White Bread

TubeBuddy Pro
Hi Zelia,

I enjoyed watching your video. I like how down to earth you are, and it just feels like you and I are sitting and having a casual conversation about something. That is a good quality that you have in your videos.

I would change the thumbnail a little to clarify what "GRWM" exactly means and place it below your face so it doesn't take away the attention from you face, because it is clickable. I must confess, I had to look up "GRWM" on google xD The colours are good and the overall vibe of the video is pleasant and welcoming. I personally like the intro with the three frames :) and music is good also..I would just mix it a little lower.
Otherwise, kudos!

Reactions: AurigaDave

Anna's Violets

Hey, I think it's a very nice video. I would just make the very beginning very catchy. Also, maybe you should tell from the very beginning what is this particular video is about. This way, people will understand why they shall stay on your channel and watch. Overall, looks nice.

Last edited:

FinancialBossCouple

Hi Zelia, first we must say congrats on your wonderful efforts your videos are amazing. What we would suggest is made add a fun back ground music to your videos to make it sounds exciting. Also at the beginning of your videos if you could introduce your self say what you do and tell your audience to subscribe that would be great. Apart from that we love how you explain the process and how you deliver. Please think about the audience you wish to reach and what they are interested in, this will help you to further improve your video as you go. :)

Lou C

Subscriber Goal
Hi Zelia,
Great job on your first video!
I have also just recently started uploading videos and I'm learning too so I can't really say just yet what works to attract viewers, however I'm a makeup artist and have been watching makeup tutorials for a very long time, so may be able to help you with some feedback in that area.
I really enjoyed how down to earth you were and felt comfortable watching you do your makeup. I also loved how you inserted the names of the products you were using.
If I were to consider altering anything, I would think about having more of a neutral background. I found that my eyes wandered to your dressing table and the power cable on the floor, which took my focus away from what you were doing. With regards to your thumbnail, maybe adding a before photo alongside the finished look so that people can see what can be achieved in only 5 minutes.
Hope that helps.
Good luck with it all!
Lou <3

AurigaDave

Known Member
TubeBuddy Pro
www.astronomyshows4schools.co.uk
Subscriber Goal
you are competing in a huge market, millions of make up videos so YOU need to stand out, find a niche that can be ALL your own.
I like the way you use video and product placement, once you get enough subscribers, try and get the products for free. I would agree that the background is messy, and as a few have said you really need to make you thumbnail...AND first 20 seconds really dynamic to grab hold of people

belleh

Subscriber Goal
Hey Zelia,
The video wasnΓÇÖt bad but IΓÇÖd say make the photos/videos at the beginning one rather than three. And youΓÇÖre so pretty, you look like jessi the Korean rapper