YouTube Question How long it takes for YouTube to approve monetization?/Answered

Content with Depi

New User
TubeBuddy User
Hey everyone!
My channel just fulfilled the criteria to apply for monetization. I am on step 3 and the status is updated In progress.
Do you know how long it takes for YouTube to approve the monetization?
What's your experience?

Thank you

Zanet

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Legend
Looks like you have just made it congratulations!

I read somewhere it can take upto 3 weeks

BUT

You can make sure you ahve your Google Adsense setup and payment methods approved to save time when they manually approve you

Once again - well done
im still some way off with almost 400 subs and 1000 hours this year

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey everyone!
My channel just fulfilled the criteria to apply for monetization. I am on step 3 and the status is updated In progress.
What's your experience?

Thank you
Congrats on hitting it! YouTube on twitter says up to a month :X I know it's grueling, but in that time I would look into affiliate marketing, and other ways to earn from YT :D

AussieBangerz

New User
TubeBuddy User
aussiefragrance.tumblr.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey everyone!
What's your experience?

Thank you
Congrats Depi..

For me, it took around 2-3 days..
But as others have mentioned, could take upto 2 weeks.

Zanet

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Legend
hi Andrew
Can you do affiliate marketing before you reach 1000?
I presume affiliate links to products and services in the description is allowed?

OP
OP
Content with Depi

Content with Depi

New User
TubeBuddy User
hi Andrew
Can you do affiliate marketing before you reach 1000?
I presume affiliate links to products and services in the description is allowed?
Yes you can definitely use affiliate links in your description before you reach 1000 subs. I have been using them since 800 subs and it's a great source of income if you are just starting out

brillmindz

New User
hello
youtube generally takes 4-5 weeks but if your account has some problem and video has a copyright issue then maybe they will not approve and they will take more then 5 weeks.
thanks & Regards

Last edited by a moderator:

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
And the great thing about affiliate sales/programs is you can really dial in on what people are willing to spend their money on. That can be a source of content in and of itself. It's a great feedback loop.

In addition start thinking of ways to build out complementary products or services to support what people have proven to already spend their money on.

Last edited: