Video Review My first video I'm proud of

DemetreHicks

New User
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
User name: DemetreHicks
Title of thread: My first video I'm proud of
Self review: I really in joy this type of content and I'm proud of it I'm not afraid to share my videos with people and think that they will just laugh and make fun of me for making youtube video; Because now I just really don't care. Because I know it's something I can sit down and watch and enjoy even if it is my voice I'm listening to!
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/VVMwjz7TA3k

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/25289/

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey Demetre! I haven't done a review in a while, so forgive me o_O Also, remember to take everything with a grain of salt :)

I know you asked for help on your thumbnail in another thread, which I'll write over there so make sure to check it out.

I have a few questions for you. What camera/webcam are you using? What are you using to record? What microphone are you using? And finally, what do you edit with?

In the beginning, you're a bit off centered of the camera. I assume you were looking at your screen while recording, which can be distracting for some viewers, but it'd be better if you were staring at the camera/webcam. It helps solidify the personal connection you have with the viewers (make it look like you're talking to them via eye contact). Also, when you said "take a look around my room" I was hoping for a b-roll of your room.

So into the meat of this video, there's a lot of dead air that could be cut from this video. For example: At '0:35', you said, "Let's look at some lights" and then there's a moment of silence until '0:44'. That extra nine seconds can be removed without hurting the meaning of the video. Another example would be at '1:40' when you begin to search for 'wall art'. Then there's a few grunts and mumbles, until '2:05'. While I was watching this, I felt my attention span slip whenever you stop talking. Sometimes you mutter and I have trouble hearing what you said. This happens throughout the video.

When the video jumpcuts, it looks like the webcam disappears for a bit before reappearing. (ex. '3:25 - 3:30').

Overall, the video feels static. There isn't a lot of edits other than the jumpcuts. Once we hit the Wish page, I felt like there isn't much to look at (in terms of the website and your cam). For newcomers of Wish, that site could be overwhelming and they might not know what you're looking at. So why not have a zoom in for the product you're eyeing? Or blowing the picture up for a better and easier view. When you're reading the description or trying to figure out whether you want to buy it or not, why not get a closer look at your reaction? Just a few food for thoughts :)

I liked the beginning when you showed "Wish" and had the sound effect. I wished we had more of that except throughout the video.

That's about it for me. Hope you find it useful :eek:

OP
OP
DemetreHicks

DemetreHicks

New User
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
thank you for taking your time out of your day to review my video I will try my best to improve on my future content!
also, I really enjoy that you are given very detailed review that will help me in my next content

Chawanne B

New User
I like the video... I will watch you. You go step by step of what you are doing but I will edit and cut where you are putting things in the cart will make the dead space shorter. Also maybe do a followup when the stuff arrive and you have the room decorated. And you have a lovable voice. and you make me want to buy things on wish because I didn't know they were so insanely cheap!lmbo

OP
OP
DemetreHicks

DemetreHicks

New User
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I like the video... I will watch you. You go step by step of what you are doing but I will edit and cut where you are putting things in the cart will make the dead space shorter. Also maybe do a followup when the stuff arrive and you have the room decorated. And you have a lovable voice. and you make me want to buy things on wish because I didn't know they were so insanely cheap!lmbo
Thank you for the really lovely review that means a lot

PhatBeetz

New User
Subscriber Goal
Hey DH! I agree with the input that's been in here so far. I think your presence could be felt a little more effectively by speaking up more in your video. Also, there's a lot to be said about these types of videos to maintain momentum in your progress by doing cuts (as you've suggested of my videos as well).

This aspect is probably one of the more challenging to get right, and the ebb and flow of the video content has to strike a balance.

I didn't really get a sense of how much of a disaster your room was initially. I only saw what was behind you at the beginning. Perhaps in future "before and after" videos, you could give a montage of clips to support your claim in your video to hook your audience?

Congrats on getting to 6 subs, BTW! You're growing!

Looking forward to seeing the results of your redecorating!