• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Need Thoughts and ideas on my "branding" watermarks for 2020?

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Doing some experiments with my thumbnails and I'm having a think about branding.
A lot of big name channels, and smaller channels alike don't even bother with branding and it seems when looking through trending and general searches, top ranking videos it's hard to find branding at all.

I'm trying to make my branding as small as possible, while still being there to be "protective" of my art. When it's floating aroung google images, I want it to at least be known who did the original thumb. But I'm a little worried the small circle logo might seem like an unsightly mole, and that my branding word logo might seem a bit garish.

I'm trying to go for a watermark that is barely noticable, doesn't distract, but is subtly there.

I'm even experimenting with just having a faded thin "beanie draws" in the corner like a signature rather than a logo or branding.

This is something I'm going to be playing around a lot as I slowly upgrade 5 years worth of thumbnails.

This original thumbnail is at 3.7% so could still stand for some improvement, and now I think the text on a olt of my older thumbs speak more than the art itself, and I want the art to grab the attention.

So just wondering your thoughts on how I should approach my thumbnail branding from now on.
I HATE EDITING.jpg
spinosaurus head thumb.jpg
spinosaurus head 2020.2.jpg
spinosaurus head 2020.jpg

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Doing some experiments with my thumbnails and I'm having a think about branding.
A lot of big name channels, and smaller channels alike don't even bother with branding and it seems when looking through trending and general searches, top ranking videos it's hard to find branding at all.

I'm trying to make my branding as small as possible, while still being there to be "protective" of my art. When it's floating aroung google images, I want it to at least be known who did the original thumb. But I'm a little worried the small circle logo might seem like an unsightly mole, and that my branding word logo might seem a bit garish.

I'm trying to go for a watermark that is barely noticable, doesn't distract, but is subtly there.

I'm even experimenting with just having a faded thin "beanie draws" in the corner like a signature rather than a logo or branding.

This is something I'm going to be playing around a lot as I slowly upgrade 5 years worth of thumbnails.

This original thumbnail is at 3.7% so could still stand for some improvement, and now I think the text on a olt of my older thumbs speak more than the art itself, and I want the art to grab the attention.

So just wondering your thoughts on how I should approach my thumbnail branding from now on.View attachment 3931View attachment 3932View attachment 3933View attachment 3934

I like the bottom one the most, subtle but it's there :D