• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Need Better Camera for Live Stream

ZackBaxter

Hey gang,

I host two live stream events on my YT channel and I am looking to upgrade some equipment. I am currently using a Cannon t2i dslr going trough a black magic mini recorder and I am broadcasting through OBS. The image quality is ok but I am looking to upgrade.

The main problem is every 20 mins I am having to hit the focus so the camera doesn't go to sleep mode. In a two hour stream that can get annoying. We have managed to work around it but I want to know is there a camera out there that I can use that can just stay on with out me having to touch it every 20 minutes.

Is there a camera that is best suited for a 2hr live stream?

DragoNate

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
Hey gang,

I host two live stream events on my YT channel and I am looking to upgrade some equipment. I am currently using a Cannon t2i dslr going trough a black magic mini recorder and I am broadcasting through OBS. The image quality is ok but I am looking to upgrade.

The main problem is every 20 mins I am having to hit the focus so the camera doesn't go to sleep mode. In a two hour stream that can get annoying. We have managed to work around it but I want to know is there a camera out there that I can use that can just stay on with out me having to touch it every 20 minutes.

Is there a camera that is best suited for a 2hr live stream?
I currently use the Microsoft LifeCame Studio also with OBS. It has auto focus on it and well as some other picture settings/controls. I also do live streams for 1-3 hours twice a week and I haven't any problems with it. Every once in a while, the lighting causes it to auto focus/exposure in different ways, randomly and annoyingly. On Friday I had that issue. But it doesn't happen often.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
I use a logitech C920. I turn off auto focus for it because it gets annoying with it auto-focusing every time I move. Other than it, it does the job when I want to have it as a webcam. I've recorded hour long sessions with it before.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I use a logitech C920. I turn off auto focus for it because it gets annoying with it auto-focusing every time I move. Other than it, it does the job when I want to have it as a webcam. I've recorded hour long sessions with it before.

I second this, I also have the camera and it's great for that!

ShuriBear

TubeBuddy User

Got the same webcam, it's really nice! But indeed turn off autofocus that is a pain!
--- Post updated ---
The camera I REALLY want is the Razer webcam. It's got 3D features! Ooooohhhh! lol

I read some reviews of it. It isn't as good as they advertise it is.

ShuriBear

TubeBuddy User
The camera I REALLY want is the Razer webcam. It's got 3D features! Ooooohhhh! lol

I read some reviews of it. It isn't as good as they advertise it
Really? That sucks... I still kinda want it eventually lol

Yeah the background cutter doesn't work that great. Lower framerate, still not cutting out nicely, weird lighting... It is unfortunately not as good as I hope it would be.

DragoNate

DecoratedPoster
TubeBuddy Star
www.dragonate.info
Subscriber Goal
I read some reviews of it. It isn't as good as they advertise it

Yeah the background cutter doesn't work that great. Lower framerate, still not cutting out nicely, weird lighting... It is unfortunately not as good as I hope it would be.
Oh. That makes me sad... Maybe by the time I can actually afford it, it'll be much improved! I can hope :D

Ninja614

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
You could step up to a Sony FDRAX53/B 4K HD or similar camcorder style camera with HDMI out... You'd need some sort of capture card but there are plenty of inexpensive options there for 1080p, at least.

Reactions: ZackBaxter
OP
OP
ZackBaxter

ZackBaxter

Does it do pretty good with wide shots? It a bunch of friends and I sitting on a couch making reaction videos. It's pretty important that people be able to see our facial reactions!

ShuriBear

TubeBuddy User
Does it do pretty good with wide shots? It a bunch of friends and I sitting on a couch making reaction videos. It's pretty important that people be able to see our facial reactions!

It is standard 1920x1080 resolution (highest) so not really a wide angle.

Ninja614

Known Member
TubeBuddy Star
The C920 has a 78-degree field of view. Not the widest. To go a little wider, you could up to the C930e which has a full 90 degrees. I'm not sure what that translates to MM like for normal camera lenses. The sony camcorder I listed has a 26 mm lens which is pretty wide.

Edit: The Logitech C930e is considered a "web conference" camera which would lend to it being geared toward wide angle shots.

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
It is actually slim enough to where I could put my wide lens on it (the one I use for my iphone) xD
Rather than that, it's not wide. It will capture all of your friends if you put it far enough :F lol

OP
OP
ZackBaxter

ZackBaxter

The C920 has a 78-degree field of view. Not the widest. To go a little wider, you could up to the C930e which has a full 90 degrees. I'm not sure what that translates to MM like for normal camera lenses. The sony camcorder I listed has a 26 mm lens which is pretty wide.

Edit: The Logitech C930e is considered a "web conference" camera which would lend to it being geared toward wide angle shots.
I mean we are just sitting and drinking on a couch. So I am pretty sure I could make this work! Thanks!!!

elfridaauston87

I am suggesting on the base of my experience, well Nikon D7200, Nikon D850, and Canon EOS 5D Mark IV these three are best camera I have ever experienced in my life, and they will also suitable in your budget, you can view these cameras more info on Black Friday Coupons at Reecoupons easily, I also bought my Canon EOS 5D Mark IV from there last week.