• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback Need help coming up with a thumbnail idea.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Help Hub Hero - AA.png

This video does REALLY well in search, but no one clicks on it. I need to help express the three ideas Help, Hub, and Hero content HELP you create better content, but I'm not sure how to display that? Most people use it as a pyramid, but I liked to use it as a FUNNEL to bring people into your content which is what I tried to do. Any help for ideas is appreciated. This thumbnail is at a 2.5% CTR and it could be doing MUCH better. Any help is appreciated! @Beanie Draws

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
View attachment 3855

This video does REALLY well in search, but no one clicks on it. I need to help express the three ideas Help, Hub, and Hero content HELP you create better content, but I'm not sure how to display that? Most people use it as a pyramid, but I liked to use it as a FUNNEL to bring people into your content which is what I tried to do. Any help for ideas is appreciated. This thumbnail is at a 2.5% CTR and it could be doing MUCH better. Any help is appreciated! @Beanie Draws

I'm not a fan of the colours and it does kinda break my new "no more than 4 words" rule (when I go harsher, I make it no more than 3 words rule)
Do you need the "make better content"? that's obviously the idea for the video. I'd focus on JUST the help hub hero.

I'd try removing the make better comment, take another photo of you LOOKING at the triangle and pointing/presenting gesturing at it and maybe experiment with the colours more, maybe even gradients. That top blue I hate with a passion. If roberto thinks Red text should be banned on thumbnails, I think that blue should be banned on thumbnails :p

I've just seen that blue way too often on educational thumbnails that the blue gets a bit stale and I'd just skip it if I didn't know what tubebuddy was or who andrew kan is :p I've seen that blue on other channels I've not had any experience with and all I can think is "well you might know the information, but you don't know much about design, so if your design looks like it was done in MS Publisher, how do I know the video isn't going to be half baked and presented amateurishly".

Harsh I know, but colour is important. The photo is great and I think it will work better without so much text :)

OP
OP
TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
I've just seen that blue way too often on educational thumbnails that the blue gets a bit stale and I'd just skip it if I didn't know what tubebuddy was or who andrew kan is :p I've seen that blue on other channels I've not had any experience with and all I can think is "well you might know the information, but you don't know much about design, so if your design looks like it was done in MS Publisher, how do I know the video isn't going to be half baked and presented amateurishly".

Well this is an a personal channel video, most people don't know me from TB outside of that audience. Considering there are billions of accounts and 250K subscribers, that amount isn't enough to say my face alone has power.

I might work on pointing at the triangle, but am afraid that will be very similar to my other thumbnails.... though, those have an average of 8 - 15% CTR with hundreds of thousands of impressions, so maybe I shouldn't re-invent the wheel? XD