• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback New thumbnail style

Senior Notions

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Hi Everyone,

Hoping to get feedback on the thumbnail image style for the new channel branding. You were all so helpful fixing up the last one! :grinning:

Thanks in advance!:)

Professional-Salad-Shooter-1024.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: Satya

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello @Senior Notions,

Let me apologize ahead of time for being such a picky person. What I'm about to point out is not a real big deal. I'm just picky about being a perfectionist thus little details like this stand out to me and I notice them.

In the image below where the arrows are, the yellow line is on top of the machine whereas in the rest of the image it's under the machine and the second arrow is because the plate is on top of the text box but I think should be under to maintain the shadow consistency of all the text boxes.

But like I said. I'm just super picky and it's not something most people would probably even notice. The image itself looks really good. Nice blend of colors.

Thumbnail Feedback - New thumbnail style   TubeBuddy Forums.png

Reactions: Senior Notions
OP
OP
Senior Notions

Senior Notions

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Thanks guys! Awesome suggestions! BraveStarr, no need for apologies, I really want to know your true thoughts! :)

It made sense what you said about the plate losing the bit of shadow so I moved it so that the text box is on top of it, with just a piece of zucchini overlapping it. I left the bottom of the salad shooter inside the frame because my intent was to make it look like it was coming out of the frame. Now I wonder if it did that, or just looks sloppy that I didn't put it outside with the rest of it. Hmm.. Thanks for pointing that out.

craftfornaught, thanks, I changed the orange rays to a darker shade to make it less yellow and increased the shooter glow. I played with the levels too, to make the shooter stand out more. I think it looks a lot better!

Thanks for your input guys :grinning:
Professional-Salad-Shooter-TubeBuddy-EDIT.jpg

Reactions: craftfornaught

BraveStar

Life ain't no Nintendo Game
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Thanks guys! Awesome suggestions! BraveStarr, no need for apologies, I really want to know your true thoughts! :)

It made sense what you said about the plate losing the bit of shadow so I moved it so that the text box is on top of it, with just a piece of zucchini overlapping it. I left the bottom of the salad shooter inside the frame because my intent was to make it look like it was coming out of the frame. Now I wonder if it did that, or just looks sloppy that I didn't put it outside with the rest of it. Hmm.. Thanks for pointing that out.

craftfornaught, thanks, I changed the orange rays to a darker shade to make it less yellow and increased the shooter glow. I played with the levels too, to make the shooter stand out more. I think it looks a lot better!

Thanks for your input guys :grinning:View attachment 3791

Ah, the bottom part of the shooter makes sense now that you say that. That's why I said I tend to be too picky, I don't always see the point because of my picky nature. I'm sure many will see it that way. As for the plate, I actually like it better this way. Very nice.

craftfornaught

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal

yes it is

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal

Changes look great! Maybe for the Salad shooter a color that would stand out more like green to match the plate, but overall MUCH better :D

OP
OP
Senior Notions

Senior Notions

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Thanks Andrew! I agree green would look better! But we used green for the thumbnail of the regular Salad Shooter (vs Pro model) and thought I should use different colors to differentiate between the videos. (We have 3 videos all on this subject.) Probably better planning next time o_O

Thanks for having a look at it :grinning:

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks Andrew! I agree green would look better! But we used green for the thumbnail of the regular Salad Shooter (vs Pro model) and thought I should use different colors to differentiate between the videos. (We have 3 videos all on this subject.) Probably better planning next time o_O

Thanks for having a look at it :grinning:

Keep in mind not everyone, besides yourself will see those three. Maybe try a blue color? :)

Retro Reels

Familiar Member
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Not sure whether its right or wrong, but the way I do my thumbs is to try to use a main image that is instantly recognisable, but not common amongst other videos of the same nature.
I have a template set up for my branding that I put on all of my videos so that if a subscriber or someone who has previously enjoyed my videos is searching and one of my videos comes up in their search, they will be more likely to click on it? This could also have the reverse effect though i suppose!

OP
OP
Senior Notions

Senior Notions

Known Member
TubeBuddy User
Not sure whether its right or wrong, but the way I do my thumbs is to try to use a main image that is instantly recognisable, but not common amongst other videos of the same nature.
I have a template set up for my branding that I put on all of my videos so that if a subscriber or someone who has previously enjoyed my videos is searching and one of my videos comes up in their search, they will be more likely to click on it? This could also have the reverse effect though i suppose!
I agree! But I hadn't thought about it working against us, though, too! You're right though o_O :grinning:

Reactions: Retro Reels

craftfornaught

Familiar Member
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal

I GIVE YOU MY SMALL SUB BUDDY ^^!
KEEP DOING YOUR CHANNEL !