YouTube Question FTC and COPPA and YouTube

Just Lennart

New User
TubeBuddy User
Greetings

I may have stumbled something. And please correct me, If Im waaay off

When I messed around with the settings of my channel, I came across a feature about ads.
There is this feature that you can be set to personalized ads, OR general ads.

Is this not the mayor issue at The moment? Personalized ads for children?

Wouldnt this solve every issue? If a video is set to general ads, then there is No reason to set it as Kids Only. Since no information is used to specificly target Kids. And then You wouldnt lose every feature.

Am I way off here? Or should this be taken higher? Hahahah

OP
OP
Just Lennart

Just Lennart

New User
TubeBuddy User
I really think I got Something here. But I dont know what to do with this knowledge. And dont think a company like youtube or Google would listen. I dont even think ****** youtubers would listen.

But, instead of the whole.. For Kids not for Kids. Why not get youtube to make an option like this, instead, for every video. That way, problem solved. Every body should be happy. Yes, the money will go a bit down. BUT... you could still make videos. And would not lose any promotion.

Screenshot_20191202-195642.jpg

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Hate to say it, but Galaxy-brained YouTube. They've had the making for the solution to most every problem they've run into over the past several years. They really need an outside team to give some fresh eyes on what they're doing. It seems like you have a bunch of PhDs trying to solve their little whole in the cheese, but no one seems to notice the big picture and how all the pieces fit together.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hate to say it, but Galaxy-brained YouTube. They've had the making for the solution to most every problem they've run into over the past several years. They really need an outside team to give some fresh eyes on what they're doing. It seems like you have a bunch of PhDs trying to solve their little whole in the cheese, but no one seems to notice the big picture and how all the pieces fit together.
It's more a bunch of developers who don't actually use the video side of the platform. It's like TubeBuddy, but we have a creative team. It took YT 12 years to develop a channel and test things. They are learning, but at a slower rate then I would hope :/