YouTube Question How to avoid Copyright claim?

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
Subscriber Goal
Hello again @amsedel. In my opinion, the best way to avoid copyrights is to simply avoid using other people's media. Use respectable services that can provide you with copyright free stock footage and audio, even if you have to pay for it. Copyright laws and rules are not entirely clear and Youtube tends to leave the policing to the people who make the claims so even when it seems like you are within the rules of copyright fair use sometimes it can still be a problem and can simply be easier to just avoid using copyrighted content of any kind if you don't really have to. Just my opinion. Hope it helps.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hello again @amsedel. In my opinion, the best way to avoid copyrights is to simply avoid using other people's media. Use respectable services that can provide you with copyright free stock footage and audio, even if you have to pay for it. Copyright laws and rules are not entirely clear and Youtube tends to leave the policing to the people who make the claims so even when it seems like you are within the rules of copyright fair use sometimes it can still be a problem and can simply be easier to just avoid using copyrighted content of any kind if you don't really have to. Just my opinion. Hope it helps.
This is really solid advice. Use the free resources YouTube gives, look at right usages when using any piece of content, and if you can try filming it yourself!

Retro Reels

New User
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
How to avoid Copyright claim?
It all depends on the context that the material is used. I have done several movie reviews where I have used both video, audio & music from the films. I have successfully disputed several of these claims under fair use.
Not all of them have been lifted, some have been lifted quickly (within hours), some just expire and are lifted after a month with no response. Others are flat out denied.
I am slowly learning which studios and record labels are easier to deal with, and the ones that don't tolerate it at all.

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy Pro
titotim.com
If you are doing zumba workouts you will have to be careful of the music you choose. Most zumba classes I go to will play a lot of popular music. If you try to use them in videos you will likely get copyright claims. Doing a live class you can pretty much play what you want (they do around here, anyway). Posting videos will get flagged pretty quickly. You may have to find some danceable royalty free music to dub into the video.