YouTube Help View count dropped?

Retro Reels

New User
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
For some reason I have noticed that my total view count has dropped this morning. I was previously approaching 61,000 views, however upon going into the dashboard this morning it says 59,200.
I haven't deleted any videos - anyone know how this could have happened?

I received the milestone award via TubeBuddy for 60,000 yesterday, but below where it says upcoming milestones its says I have 700 views remaining for the upcoming milestone of 60,000.

EDIT - I have just looked at view statistics on channel page, and it states that I lost 1.03k views on the 27th!

Very confused!

Last edited:

Just Lennart

New User
TubeBuddy User
Hmm. Have You hidden a video or made a video private? If so, those views are being tanken out of the total view count.

Something with the amount of views, youtube consider when reaching their 4000 hour watch time. This count, is 4000 hours if official watch not those that have been hidden or turned private.

But take a look, to see if this is the case.

OP
OP
Retro Reels

Retro Reels

New User
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
Hmm. Have You hidden a video or made a video private? If so, those views are being tanken out of the total view count.

Something with the amount of views, youtube consider when reaching their 4000 hour watch time. This count, is 4000 hours if official watch not those that have been hidden or turned private.

But take a look, to see if this is the case.
Thanks for the reply Lennart, just checked and looks as if it was due to me making a few videos unlisted due to Coppa. I didn't know that unlisted views were not included in the total.

OP
OP
Retro Reels

Retro Reels

New User
TubeBuddy Star
Subscriber Goal
have you paid for any spam views google does detect these and remove them
Thanks for the reply Nick, no I haven't done this - looks to me as if this was due to unlisted videos. I was not aware that they were not included in the total views.