YouTube Opinion Weaknesses of the FTC’s Case Against YouTube Content Creators

U

User1111

This is interesting. Imo that looks like there are so many holes in the FTC's order that this just might end up in the Supreme Court before all this is over. It sounds like the FTC rushed this idea in order to put a stop to what YouTube was doing as fast as possible and needs to be revised. Heck, the majority of the language applied to the "operator" which is YouTube, NOT us. I'm still going to comply with the labeling requirement, however, I don't see this going as smoothly as the FTC expects it to go. I'm tempted to hold off on making content until after January 2020 just to see how this goes down.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
This is interesting. Imo that looks like there are so many holes in the FTC's order that this just might end up in the Supreme Court before all this is over. It sounds like the FTC rushed this idea in order to put a stop to what YouTube was doing as fast as possible and needs to be revised. Heck, the majority of the language applied to the "operator" which is YouTube, NOT us. I'm still going to comply with the labeling requirement, however, I don't see this going as smoothly as the FTC expects it to go. I'm tempted to hold off on making content until after January 2020 just to see how this goes down.
I think this is the right mindset, and more people should do that. They should also leave comments to the FTC for that extension! If anyone reading wants to leave a comment do so here:

U

User1111

I've already commented before this information surfaced though...