Need Advice Merge , Delete, Leave Alone?

GrumpaOriginal

New User
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
A friend of mine has asked me about Youtube since she saw me starting a channel. She said she had 2 failed channels years ago and they are still out there with 80 subscribers on one and 100 on the other but she hasn't touched them for years and there has been no growth. She asked me if she should start fresh with a new channel or try to revive the old channel or channels. The 80 subscriber has 31videos and the 80 subscriber has 230 videos. I told her I had no idea but could ask around. She also said what about taking all the videos and putting them on a new channel even though they are branded as the old channels, or just leave them, or just delete everything. Thoughts?

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
A friend of mine has asked me about Youtube since she saw me starting a channel. She said she had 2 failed channels years ago and they are still out there with 80 subscribers on one and 100 on the other but she hasn't touched them for years and there has been no growth. She asked me if she should start fresh with a new channel or try to revive the old channel or channels. The 80 subscriber has 31videos and the 80 subscriber has 230 videos. I told her I had no idea but could ask around. She also said what about taking all the videos and putting them on a new channel even though they are branded as the old channels, or just leave them, or just delete everything. Thoughts?
I'd start fresh. It's a great way to clear your mind, focus on the audience you want to build and gives you an opportunity, to see things at a new angle :)

OP
OP
GrumpaOriginal

GrumpaOriginal

New User
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
I'd start fresh. It's a great way to clear your mind, focus on the audience you want to build and gives you an opportunity, to see things at a new angle :)
So what should happen to the previous channels and content?

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Yeah, just start fresh. That's what I did. My old Greenhorn Gardening channel is still up. I haven't posted anything in years. Starting all over has been the best thing for me. Sometimes a clear, new direction is exactly what you need.

The main steps are:

1. Ask why you want to do this.
2. Ask who you want to serve.
3. Map out how you're going to do this.

For me this panned out like this:

1. I was tired of gardening. and My yard is so shady I could never have a proper garden. I wanted adventure, and I wanted to get back into fishing.

2. My goal was and is to serve people who care more about fishing than buy new toys. Thus I focused on transitional fishing methods.

3. The how came down to two things: study filmmaking and study SEO. I figured combining the two would give me the best chance.

The way you answer this might be totally different. If fact I hope it's totally different because like Andrew said, it is a journey that we all have to take.