Need Advice Should I change my channel name to it being labeled as "made for kids"?

U

User1111

Out of curiosity, I decided to run a keyword search for my name using the Keyword Explorer. (Btw I'm a Pro user so I can see the entire results) After the search concluded, I saw a rather similar spelled keyword "mcnamara elementary." I searched for that term and was shocked. The results were children's videos and video of an elementary school of the same name as the keyword! Is my channel somehow related to that now by Google's algorithm? If so does that mean I must change it to avoid future problems, like my channel being forcibly labeled as "made for kids?"

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Out of curiosity, I decided to run a keyword search for my name using the Keyword Explorer. (Btw I'm a Pro user so I can see the entire results) After the search concluded, I saw a rather similar spelled keyword "mcnamara elementary." I searched for that term and was shocked. The results were children's videos and video of an elementary school of the same name as the keyword! Is my channel somehow related to that now by Google's algorithm? If so does that mean I must change it to avoid future problems, like my channel being forcibly labeled as "made for kids?"
As YouTube said, just in settings label it as such. I don't think you should have to change it...? if you have any questions like that for YouTube I'd ask them directly on Twitter :)

OP
OP
U

User1111

I have tried already. I get told to view the same document that isn't clear as to what is "made for kids" in an odd canned response manner.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I have tried already. I get told to view the same document that isn't clear as to what is "made for kids" in an odd canned response manner.
YOU are the creator, did you make it for kids? If you can argue within good faith it wasn't meant for kids, which is what I plan to do, you'll be fine :)