Video Review How can I make this video not "made for kids"

U

User1111

User name: mcnakahr
Title of thread: How can I make this video not "made for kids"
Self review: Yes, this is a Mario game video. No, this wasn't intended for kids, the game itself is far too difficult for them and even very hard for adults to play. Adults also play Mario and even sales data can show that Mario itself isn't specifically for kids... I'm asking because while it isn't showing directly, as I'm not monetized, this video has kids videos suggested in the watch next pane on the watch page just like what YouTube said would be done with "made for kids" videos.
Channel review or Video review? Video review

Link to Video:
View: https://youtu.be/KiKRwxESuLI

Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/24285/

MM Scale Models

New User
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
If you have enough views from users that have stated their age you can check the statistics in the Studio. This will give you a good Idea of what age people are watching the video... the lowest age range there is 14 to 17 but still it an indication.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
If you have enough views from users that have stated their age you can check the statistics in the Studio. This will give you a good Idea of what age people are watching the video... the lowest age range there is 14 to 17 but still it an indication.
it's actually 13 - 17. However, that would go into a problem on YT if kids ARE Watching, we should see that data.

OP
OP
U

User1111

I wanted an opinion on how to change up the content since, and this was confirmed by YT, something in the video is giving the algorithm the impression that its a video replated to kids videos... I don't have enough views to get age information for even my whole channel let alone that video... I'll just delete it and not do anything Mario or Nintendo related (even though it's against what I, the Content Creator, want to do)... it's clear that's the only thing I can do (aside from complaining on Twitter, writing the FTC, etc.) since I don't want to be considered "made for kids." I have no idea what content to put on my channel now.

Last edited by a moderator: