YouTube SEO After watching Daniel Batal & Andrew Kan - 3 questions on playlists raised - please help

Zanet

New User
TubeBuddy Legend
Last night Andrew Kan mentioned on his live video audit that its important to optimise the layout of the channel with playlists

One tip was Horizontal layout works better (Agreed)

But 3 other areas i hadn't considered and i would like some direction on.
I think he alluded to being found in search results with these suggestions, so its a bit SEO this question..

Q1. What should i include in the Playlist Titles? is this a keyword opportunity? Should i use the keyword explorer and find long tail or big search terms? I presume something that if weighted would be achievable. I'm assuming gthe playlists also appear in the search results the same as a video would? is that correct?

Q2. Is the description of the playlist similar to the description on a video - the first 150 characters are relevant to the search?

Q3. Should i include a video in more than one playlist, Daniel Batal recently mentioned having the most popular video in a playlist 1st and gradually linking through to the next one and next one in a link chain. In theory thats goof but if a video is in 2 o 3 playlists then that wont work..will it?
EG For me i have a video about "How to use Google My Business" This will fall into my "How to" playlist and my "advice for small businesses" playlist and "my google my business" playlist
Should i change it being in 3 playlists ?

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Last night Andrew Kan mentioned on his live video audit that its important to optimise the layout of the channel with playlists

One tip was Horizontal layout works better (Agreed)

But 3 other areas i hadn't considered and i would like some direction on.
I think he alluded to being found in search results with these suggestions, so its a bit SEO this question..

Q1. What should i include in the Playlist Titles? is this a keyword opportunity? Should i use the keyword explorer and find long tail or big search terms? I presume something that if weighted would be achievable. I'm assuming gthe playlists also appear in the search results the same as a video would? is that correct?

Q2. Is the description of the playlist similar to the description on a video - the first 150 characters are relevant to the search?

Q3. Should i include a video in more than one playlist, Daniel Batal recently mentioned having the most popular video in a playlist 1st and gradually linking through to the next one and next one in a link chain. In theory thats goof but if a video is in 2 o 3 playlists then that wont work..will it?
EG For me i have a video about "How to use Google My Business" This will fall into my "How to" playlist and my "advice for small businesses" playlist and "my google my business" playlist
Should i change it being in 3 playlists ?

I can answer these now!

Q1: You should try to make your playlist searchable! UNLESS they're designed to be channel specific Example for my channel "Andrew Kan's Recent Uploads" I use keyword explorer, as well as what is this playlist REALLY About? That can help come up with an understandable searchable playlist! Playlist CAN Show up in search, and that's why I said to focus on that!

Q2: They work similarly, only thing I'd say is YouTube says it's the first 200 characters, not 150 :D

Q3: You can have multiple videos in different playlists, but only one of them at that point can be a "Series" playlist which is a difference in playlist type. WE do it at TubeBuddy, I do it on my personal channel. My logic is not everyone may see your other playlists, so I give my content as much opportunity as possible to be seen!

OP
OP
Zanet

Zanet

New User
TubeBuddy Legend
Thanks Andrew

My replies in Green

Q1: You should try to make your playlist searchable! UNLESS they're designed to be channel specific Example for my channel "Andrew Kan's Recent Uploads" I use keyword explorer, as well as what is this playlist REALLY About? That can help come up with an understandable searchable playlist! Playlist CAN Show up in search, and that's why I said to focus on that!
Fantastic ive rebuilt my playlists - hopefully more searchable now

Q2: They work similarly, only thing I'd say is YouTube says it's the first 200 characters, not 150 :D
Awesome

Q3: You can have multiple videos in different playlists, but only one of them at that point can be a "Series" playlist which is a difference in playlist type. WE do it at TubeBuddy, I do it on my personal channel. My logic is not everyone may see your other playlists, so I give my content as much opportunity as possible to be seen!
Makes sense

Thank you

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Thanks Andrew

My replies in Green

Fantastic ive rebuilt my playlists - hopefully more searchable now

Awesome

Makes sense

Thank you
Happy to help, and hope this gives clarity for other users too :D