Need Advice Banner links - should you go off channel?

Zanet

New User
TubeBuddy Legend
I watched a recent Tubebuddy video -
LIVE training with Daniel Batal!

On that video Daniel mentioned a strategy

His Strategy ....
Only have your sub link in the right hand corner of the banner - He suggested "why would you want to have visitors going to Instagram, Facebook and losing the chance of them subscribing? Don't give them choice"

Daniel Batal has 2 links 1 to sub and 1 to his website - fair enough

Andrew Kan (Who i also greatly respect) has 4 links! 1 for website. 1 amazon link. 1 Twitter. 1 Instagram

Question: I took my links off my banner after listening to Daniel.
Thinking that was the right thing to do.
Am i right in thinking this isn't necessarily a literal science, on the fact these 2 tube giants aren't practising what they preach?

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I watched a recent Tubebuddy video -
LIVE training with Daniel Batal!

On that video Daniel mentioned a strategy

His Strategy ....
Only have your sub link in the right hand corner of the banner - He suggested "why would you want to have visitors going to Instagram, Facebook and losing the chance of them subscribing? Don't give them choice"

Daniel Batal has 2 links 1 to sub and 1 to his website - fair enough

Andrew Kan (Who i also greatly respect) has 4 links! 1 for website. 1 amazon link. 1 Twitter. 1 Instagram

Question: I took my links off my banner after listening to Daniel.
Thinking that was the right thing to do.
Am i right in thinking this isn't necessarily a literal science, on the fact these 2 tube giants aren't practising what they preach?
I think it's context of the situation. When I am helping starting YouTubers, a lot of the time, they want them doing a million things. Subscribe on YouTube, follow me here, here, here and here.

Following kind of what Daniel agrees.

On my personal channel, it's separate from what I do here on TubeBuddy, and I use it one for my personal brand, and too The first two links TubeBuddy, and Amazon Affiliate answer questions I get on that channel all the time (Things that aren't a common problem for most) Twitter, is for people to reach me outside of TubeBuddy, and similarly with Instagram.

Now I say that you should follow on just getting people to subscribe if you're starting out. However, it's also understanding I run my channel more like a brand channel. I want to show potential brands I work with, not only can I get deals, but I have presence elsewhere.

HOWEVER, it's not a we aren't practicing what we preach, I preach if you're starting. I haven't been "Starting" on YT for a while haha!