Channel Review Sweet YouTube channel Needing Your Critiqe!

Zanet

New User
TubeBuddy Legend
User name: Zanet
Title of thread: Sweet YouTube channel Needing Your Critiqe!
Self review: I'm working really hard to make this a successful channel. I'm beginning to grow by applying everything I'm learning fro TubeBuddy. I had an interesting review from Andrew yesterday in a discussion about A/B testing on Thumbnails
Channel review or Video review? Channel review
Link to channel: https://www.youtube.com/user/zsclements/
Link to other review post: https://community.tubebuddy.com/index.php?threads/23924/#post-64351

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
First I LOVE the design of the channel looks good! It is missing information, that I'd like to see added. When do you post? who is ME? you say let ME help you design & Manage websites. Just something to think about. Love the clear call to the subscribe action on the banner.

The layout of the channel makes sense. I would recommend a recent uploads playlist for ease to viewers who may have missed your recent content. You can make a custom one. I'd also say you have a lot of one word channel keywords, and would recommend adding your playlist names, high performing videos, and things that can help YouTube see relevance in your channel!

I see some playlists have descriptions and others don't. I would focus on making them more searchable and optimized with descriptions like you do at the start!

I think the image with Green, Yellow, Red, and (Dark blue?) might make for good border colors around your thumbnails to help them stand out on both a white and black background (YouTube light or dark mode).

I do like when you change the "Shirt color" of the person you're wearing maybe let that contrast with thumbnail border.

Looking at your about I like it I might add your name for relevancy there too this acts similarly to descriptions of videos, for your channel so it's a simple change I'd make "Zanet Design offers Over 20 Years Web Design Experience in Bournemouth, & Poole." Organically keeping your name in and helping you with that search!

You do a lot right, so when those things are there it's a bit noticeable. Those are the things I'd change, and I think you have a REALLY solid well designed channel.

OP
OP
Zanet

Zanet

New User
TubeBuddy Legend
Many thanks Andrew
I really appreciate the time spent looking through my channel
I'm determined to get it to work for me and my design company. it's always nice to know it is considered solid.

I will take a look through and make the suggested changes

GrumpaOriginal

New User
TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Looking great. Keep up the content. Banner and thumbnails tell me what the channel and video are about clearly. You start off your videos with what I am going to learn or be taught in that video. A short 6-7 intro then you dive in and you wrap it up with what your channels about and to like and subscribe. Pretty much textbook what ya should do. Keep pumping out content regularly and you should continue to grow. If I had to give any constructive feedback it would be when you are uploading to your banner...New videos daily at 9pm PST or Mon, Wed, Fri at 5pm PST or whenever you upload. Other then that GREAT JOB!!!!