Need Advice How Many Live Streams at Once?

GlamourDave

New User
Hello everyone

So I have a question and don't know if this is really the right forum. But I produce 3 different series at my local public access tv station. (RVTV in Ashland, Oregon.) And when my shows gets done they get posted up at archive.org and then I download my copy of my show and upload my show episodes to my YT channel. As of yet I have not done any form of live streams of any kind. But my director for my Friday evening live show and I have talked about doing a live stream from my show to my channel.

I only have 108 subscribers as of now. And my understanding is that I can do a live stream but only from my desktop. And I am unable to stream from my cell or other tablet until I have 1K subscribers. The studio has the capacity to stream to YT from out of our Tricaster system. So we could stream the regular live broadcast of the show to my channel. But I also have the idea to setup my laptop in the studio and stream a wide angle behind the scenes view of the setup of the show and the crew working while the show is being done.

So is it allowed to have more than 1 live stream at one time from my channel? When I would get to 1K subscribers and if it would be allowed to have more than 1 live stream going, I would setup my cell on my desk next to me to offer a closeup view of me and my guest in addition to the other stream views.

I am curious to see what kind of impact doing a live stream from my show production would have on generating new views and subscribers to my channel.

That my question and hoping to learn if my idea is allowed.

David "Glamour Dave" Nienow

OP
OP
GlamourDave

GlamourDave

New User
Next Friday evening I will be broadcasting my next live edition of my show The So NOT So Late Night Glamour Dave Show at RVTV in Ashland, Oregon. So far I have not gotten any answer to my question as to whether or not I am allowed to have more than 1 live stream broadcast under my YT channel at the same time. I dont want to waste my time and the time of my crew and station personnel trying to produce 2 live streams to my channel if its not allowed to begin with. Can someone answer the question?

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
So is it allowed to have more than 1 live stream at one time from my channel? When I would get to 1K subscribers and if it would be allowed to have more than 1 live stream going, I would setup my cell on my desk next to me to offer a closeup view of me and my guest in addition to the other stream views.
I've seen multiple streams per channel at once, but my question would be why? It might split the viewers.

Zanet

New User
TubeBuddy Legend
I've never done a live stream
I've toyed with the idea
are there any benefits or advantages adding video this way,?