• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Thumbnail Feedback How can I improve this Thumbnail

MM Scale Models

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
This thumbnail is on a video already uploaded. The video itself is not performing but the thumb doesn't too.
Some data: 17.5K impressions, CTR for 13 days: 1.9%, CTR today: 3,4%
Your Ideas will be highly appreciated.

thumbv2.jpg

OP
OP
MM Scale Models

MM Scale Models

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
What is the tile of this video? IT's both thumbnail and tile, and having that can help me better help you! :D
The title is: Tamiya Nissan Skyline GTR R33 build - all YOU need to know

Thanks for stopping by.

JasonL

TubeBuddy Pro
Perhaps a catchy tag line, right on the picture, seeing as you are changing the tires..."Tire Change Season!" or something?

Reactions: MM Scale Models

Beanie Draws

Mythical Poster
www.youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Maybe something that encourages people a bit more - "Easier to build than you think!" Also maybe even closer on the car too in the thumbnail itself? Thoughts @Beanie Draws :D

To be honest, I quite like it, but with 1.9 ctr it does say something's missing. I'm still trying to learn how to use better titles, do the titles really lift up the CTR if it's more compelling?

Visually, to me without reading the title, this says it's about putting wheels on a model car. If it's about MORE than the wheel, then it might need to be re-thought, but it definitely says model car and I'd like it.

Initially I'd wonder weather to take a differant angle from the front or from behind doing the same action. Car folk love cool dynamic camera angels, this image looks instructional and information, which is cool when looking for it, but I wonder if I'd find it "cool enough" to click on it without even looking for it.

Recently I've somehow ended up subscribing to a channel about bass guitar, even though I don't play an instrument, simply because the guy's thumbnail caught my attention and I was curious. You can "steal" people that aren't in your audience, to become your audience.

So if this video is more about facts, rather than the actual construction, than maybe have the car on the bookshelf between two books and a bit of a godly halo around the car.

At the end of the day I still like it, but data doesn't lie and data isn't biased :)

MATTERSGAME

I would add the world ΓÇ£modelΓÇ¥ to the front of your title. Cause when you read the title it just has the car name first but the thumbnail isnΓÇÖt the real car. Hopefully that helps :D