YouTube SEO Keyword Explorer: Am I understanding how to use it right? (See detailed info)

bpr1

New User
Hi:

First, I have not yet posted any content on my channel and am just doing some research on keywords (long tail search terms) and other things before doing much more about recording content.

Basically, I live with bipolar disorder and I am wanting to make videos that talk about my own experiences of living with it. The idea is that I know first hand by other people I know who's every waking moment is consumed with thoughts and feelings about it and they end up missing out on so many wonderful parts of life because they often isolate.

My goal is to show others by MY example that I am living a happy life, I have friends and don't have to live life in the shadows.

So, I just watched Andrew's 1 hour video on how to use Keyword Explorer, however, since I just watched it, I am not yet 100% confident that I understand it all the way. (No ding on Andrew and his video!) It's probably more about my learning curve to get how to use the information.

Maybe I missed something, but, I did not see that he spent too much time on the MOST USED TAGS (from Top Search Results) and what to do with them! I'm asking about that because since the amount of TAGS (characters) allowed in the video tags section is limited, I'm wondering how to use this information to my advantage?

Below are some search terms I came up with and / or were suggested and their results according to Keyword Explorer.
So, is it my understanding that I should start by ranking them in order by the SCORE ?

If so, here are my long tail search terms sorted by TubeBuddy Keyword Explorer score.

Just because 'living with bipolar disorder' has a low score, does that mean it is necessarily a BAD keyword to use?

Search TermScoreLowest View CountSearches Per monthVids in Search Results
living with bipolar disorder43.11K16.4K336K
dealing with bipolar disorder91.08K2.70K904K
bipolar depression10323782K533K
coping with bipolar disorder121.08K3.60K431K
living with bipolar disorder 2123.39K280173K
bipolar disorder manic episode184845.10K51.9K
dealing with someone with bipolar disorder217.95KN/A1.29K
How to be happy living with bipolar disorder25377N/A28.2K
bipolar depression symptoms3054391.3K195K
living with bipolar disorder 1353.39KN/A209K
bipolar depression disorder3954360.9K417K

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Maybe I missed something, but, I did not see that he spent too much time on the MOST USED TAGS (from Top Search Results) and what to do with them! I'm asking about that because since the amount of TAGS (characters) allowed in the video tags section is limited, I'm wondering how to use this information to my advantage?
I'll start here, since they are most used, they are usually VERY Competitive, and for starting channels it's not a good idea to compete with the most competition, it's smart to start smaller! :)

Score gives YOU an idea of how YOU'D do with that term, based on things seen. So I'd need to know your average views per videos, etc. That said What I do is look at searches per month, requirement to break in to that term, and dos this fit my ideal audience (In your case I think it does) :)

I'd need more information from your side to give better answers! Hope you don't mind me answering! Thank you for the kind words on the stream, and feedback like this helps me make those streams better!

OP
OP
B

bpr1

New User
I'll start here, since they are most used, they are usually VERY Competitive, and for starting channels it's not a good idea to compete with the most competition, it's smart to start smaller! :)

Score gives YOU an idea of how YOU'D do with that term, based on things seen. So I'd need to know your average views per videos, etc. That said What I do is look at searches per month, requirement to break in to that term, and dos this fit my ideal audience (In your case I think it does) :)

I'd need more information from your side to give better answers! Hope you don't mind me answering! Thank you for the kind words on the stream, and feedback like this helps me make those streams better!
I understand what your asking about average views per video. What I am saying is that I can't provide that information because I have not yet recorded the content. I have learned that (and correct me if I am wrong), if my video title, description, thumbnail as well as the spoken words in the videos I make are all consistent with each other it help with showing up in searches.

So, before I start recording content I thought it would be important to research these long tail search terms so that I can be sure to strategically include them in my content, both in the video as well as the title and description, etc.......

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I understand what your asking about average views per video. What I am saying is that I can't provide that information because I have not yet recorded the content. I have learned that (and correct me if I am wrong), if my video title, description, thumbnail as well as the spoken words in the videos I make are all consistent with each other it help with showing up in searches.

So, before I start recording content I thought it would be important to research these long tail search terms so that I can be sure to strategically include them in my content, both in the video as well as the title and description, etc.......
You can show me this in the You vs You score. Are you looking at weighted or unweighted scores? :)