YouTube Question Thoughts about the Adpocalypse 2020 and youtube banning accounts.

Carlos Dominguez

New User
So I have seen some commentary and news videos about this situation and also markiplier new video about youtube's big problem The FTC are imposing changes to YouTube that, as currently written, will see creators loose 90% of their income for no reason and possibly face a $42,000 fine PER VIDEO! as new and small creators what are your thoughts on this situation?

Poulpc

Newbie Member
Member of the Month
Subscriber Goal
my biggest concern is what they consider to be child friendly content, because I do gameplay of all kinds of games for all different ages, and i don't like fines

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy Pro
titotim.com
I have not heard of any new rules coming... and certainly have not heard of any $42,000 fines. Got any details/links? Probably just some rumors floating around?

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy Pro
titotim.com
That looks like an FTC problem, not really a YT problem... but... we will have to wait until it is finalized and see how it is implemented. Then, adjust as needed. Not much else we can do. :)

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
I currently am not a fan. It's a general ruling that effects a lot of creatives. I'm giving as much feedback as I can and recommend everyone else do the same.

U

User1111

Tito Tom said:
That looks like an FTC problem, not really a YT problem... but... we will have to wait until it is finalized and see how it is implemented. Then, adjust as needed. Not much else we can do. :)
A nation-wide YouTuber class action lawsuit against the FTC for violation of the Freedom of Expression is something we can do if things go unmodified.

U

User1111

True and unfortunately Markiplier's efforts were in vain. While the accounts were restored, YouTube's new Tos that takes place Dec 10th includes a provision where they can delete whole Google accounts at their discretion. Way to fix a problem lol. Rather stupid if you ask me. Speaking of the topic though shouldn't YouTubers possibly class action Google? I mean it's their greedy fault this happened. The encouraged us to make kid-friendly content, I remember them trying to get people to do so around the time the whole to much-cussing or sensitive subjects that are not family-friendly means demonetization. so it would bring in kids for them to advertise to and exploit. They even bragged about it which caused the FTC to investigate in the first place. The obviously used us all so they could collect and sell kids' private information to advertisers. I have evidence showing that fact. I'd post a link but I'm not sure if it's okay to do so here.

Last edited by a moderator: