Need Advice Combining a blog site with current YT channel???

Barryb64

New User
For almost ten years, I have written articles for my old blog site, inspiration-point.org. It's only recently that I started doing YouTube videos (vlog). I just found out that my current Blue Host acount will be expiring in February and the new price will be $280. I think that's yearly. I'm also letting my old domain name expire.

Currently, I am uploading an average of 1 video per week to YouTube and need to get cranking with my FB page. Both are in my name. I am still a writer, at heart. Let's face it, there are stories better told in writing than video. It' goes both ways. I still have an old WordPress.com account and a paid (freelance) is $97 per year ($8/mo).

How useful would it be to integrate the three mediums? What are the pros & cons? Anything to keep in mind?

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
For almost ten years, I have written articles for my old blog site, inspiration-point.org. It's only recently that I started doing YouTube videos (vlog). I just found out that my current Blue Host acount will be expiring in February and the new price will be $280. I think that's yearly. I'm also letting my old domain name expire.

Currently, I am uploading an average of 1 video per week to YouTube and need to get cranking with my FB page. Both are in my name. I am still a writer, at heart. Let's face it, there are stories better told in writing than video. It' goes both ways. I still have an old WordPress.com account and a paid (freelance) is $97 per year ($8/mo).

How useful would it be to integrate the three mediums? What are the pros & cons? Anything to keep in mind?
The blog can help you rank the video on google. IF done correctly. There is a lot of value with the blog, and the YT. Not so sure about FB, since I don't utilize it too much.

OP
OP
Barryb64

Barryb64

New User
Hi @Andrew

So, my blog and YouTube channel can help each other. Yes, I saw the "IF". I am guessing that the two need to complement each other. I am getting a sense that I should get a domain name with the same name. I am aware that I can do live streaming from YouTube. I love to get some more insights on this.

Tito Tim

TubeBuddy Pro
titotim.com
I am curious what you are getting for $280 a year on hosting. I have had my own domain for 20 years and never paid more than $95 a year. My hosting company (Infinology) finally closed and I moved to ZettaHost and pay $35 a year. (I knew I was overpaying at $95 but had such good service I never cared).

I don't blog as much as I used to because I really enjoy making videos more. I do try to schedule some blogs/vlogs to release together. I use a WordPress blog and forum. I can go more indepth with the blog, and show more with the vlog. Of course I put links in each, and embed the video on the blog post. I find that they compliment each other well.

I would put an affiliate link to zettahost... but am unsure of the rules here ha ha... :)

OP
OP
Barryb64

Barryb64

New User
Hi @Tito Tim
I was taking advantage of a special deal that started nearly three years ago. For the initial three years, I paid a total of $95. That is $34 per year. The special ends this coming February and I did not know the price was going to be a lot higher when it ended. That's why I'm looking at a paid account with Wordpress.com.

@Damon Hey, I looked at your blog site. Nice setup!

It's been my experience that it helps to articulate what I'm seeking to do. If anything, it will help me more than anyone else. My goal has been to write encouraging stories with a view of helping people in overcoming depression, rejection and so forth. These are things that I've suffered in my life and overcame with God's help. Because I had a lack of self-confidence, my writings wandered all over the place. Yet, I never strayed from what I just wrote. I've even gone so far as to write my first book.

I've also a passion for sharing my insights into Scripture and how it relates to today's world. Hence the "Christianity Explained" videos. I know people are more interested in stories of overcoming the things they're struggling with. I also believe they would enjoy my insights on books that I'm reading. These are the three components that I want to feature in the new blog site.

Right now, I am seeking to build a cohesive strategy to include both written articles, book reviews, and video blogging. Incidentally, I do have a 2nd book that I'm supposed to be working on. It's delayed because I need to have a clear platform to help with my books.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi @Andrew

So, my blog and YouTube channel can help each other. Yes, I saw the "IF". I am guessing that the two need to complement each other. I am getting a sense that I should get a domain name with the same name. I am aware that I can do live streaming from YouTube. I love to get some more insights on this.
This is pretty much it. Help them feedback to one another so you can dominate both YouTube and Google :)