YouTube Question Changing a video title

jjchipows

New User
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Hello everyone,

I was just wondering if changing your video title after getting some views has a negative effect.

Thank you.

Poulpc

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
if you put your previous title under tags, there shouldn't be no negative effect as far as I know

OP
OP
J

jjchipows

New User
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
if you put your previous title under tags, there shouldn't be no negative effect as far as I know
Thanks mate.
Maybe you know the answer to this question too. When I was logged in to YT and search for my video with the tag I put I can see that the video is 3rd on the list. However, when I am not logged in my video is nowhere to be found :(

What is causing that?

Poulpc

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
tags are based on search history, so it's going to be different for everybody, far as I know

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
Oh, great that means you have data. Yes, I would go ahead and try a different tittle to experiment and see. You can always change it back. now that that video is past the initial 2 day/2 week bump, it definitely worth trying something else to see how it works over time.

Sometimes I'll have old keywords like in my latest video that I need to update and find new keywords. Sometimes your audience will move on to other keywords in the same niche. They're just searching under different terms. And, so, you have to keep your finger on the pulse that way.

OP
OP
J

jjchipows

New User
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Oh, great that means you have data. Yes, I would go ahead and try a different tittle to experiment and see. You can always change it back. now that that video is past the initial 2 day/2 week bump, it definitely worth trying something else to see how it works over time.

Sometimes I'll have old keywords like in my latest video that I need to update and find new keywords. Sometimes your audience will move on to other keywords in the same niche. They're just searching under different terms. And, so, you have to keep your finger on the pulse that way.
Thank you Damon. This is very helpful.
Do you know why when I am signed in to YT and do a search my video comes 3rd on the search result but when I am not signed in to YT and do a search my video is nowhere to be found?

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
@jjchipows, yeah, honestly I don't know why that is. If I want to check my standings/rankings, I use a different Web browser where I'm not logged into my YouTube account. That give me a better understanding of where my video really ranks. As far as why, I really don't know.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Thank you Damon. This is very helpful.
Do you know why when I am signed in to YT and do a search my video comes 3rd on the search result but when I am not signed in to YT and do a search my video is nowhere to be found?
Are you using TubeBuddy Incognito mode or For You Results? That could be why:

Explains the difference!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nDrgXf1qvF8