• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Video Review Concerns about presentation??

Barryb64

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Barryb64

Barryb64

I will make an educated guess. What am I looking for, in regards to the above video?

Do you understand what I am saying? Is my "theatrics" helpful or distracting? I am aware that I may think it's okay; however, it's not necessarily what the viewers think. Though I like using verbal theatrics with my voice; it's no good if it's backfiring. Yes, this video isn't the only one to employ such things.

I'd appreciate your feedback on this.

OP
OP
Barryb64

Barryb64

Thank you for your reply, @Senior Notions I will work on that. It is easy to think that you're doing a good job; however, reality is not the same. That is why I came.

MattCommand1

On sabbatical
TubeBuddy Pro
Trusted User
Subscriber Goal
Hi Barry,

Let me say that I am moved by your passion and courage to create a YT channel. I think you did a fabulous job in your About page. You have been upfront of your physical impediments. As such, you are owning to who you are as a whole.

In fact, I am going to copy and paste what you wrote to make sure everyone fully appreciates where you are coming from and your participation here.

"Do you struggle with depression, rejection, anxiety, and other such problems? I know the feeling as I've had to overcome such difficulties in my own life. With Jesus' help, I did just that. My goal is to share insights into Scriptures that may be able to help you, in your own life.

I was born visually impaired and have severe hearing loss in both ears. So, I do know what it means to struggle with feelings of depression, fear of rejection and a poor self-image. It didn't help that I suffered severe abuse at a summer job. God has truly healed my heart. As such, I'd like to share the many ways that my Father has brought healing into my life.

Along with video blogs, it is my goal to insights the books I've read and not just Bible passages. I, also have a passion for challenging the Church to step up the plate on some issues and share insights into certain passages into Scripture. Yet, the above paragraphs contain the primary focus of my channel. Enjoy!"

Let me be candid that I am not particularly religious but if discussing Christianity has helped you overcome your challenges and obstacles, by all means, go for it.

As far as I am concerned, if the passion you showed is how you are, I am great with it. I am not a big fan of monotone. If you have some pep in your step on a YT video, I think it is generally a good thing. Through subtitles, you will be able to overcome the occasional misunderstanding.

People who truly want to listen and understand you will find a way to pay attention and understand.

I watched parts of "My Identity is Not My Disability". I so appreciate your courage to be yourself and tell your story.

I see you are using an external microphone (good move) but it probably needs some adjustments so the audio is better optimized. I personally like the Blue Yeti because once you set it at the hardware level, it stays where it is supposed to be.

I am unsure what you are using to record your videos but you are recording in 4:3 format, not the standard 16:9 dimension. I use a fairly inexpensive Moto android phone and I am shocked how much detail comes through the video on selfie mode as well as the audio quality with my Blue Yeti microphone.

On a channel level, I am most interested in your channel because of YOU. I accept you for who you are and accept that Christianity is part of who you are. In my view, you as an individual overcoming so many challenges is the appeal and what is inspiring to me.

I am a believer of the "5 love languages" and totally cognizant of it when I interact with people. So, you will resonate with kindred spirits with those videos.

Also, you may want to consider revisiting some of your text based thumbnails. I think relooking at your thumbnails will help boost your channel in a big way.

Barry, I encourage you to post more questions on these forums. You will find many people happy to give you supportive feedback to help your channel.