YouTube SEO Discovery

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
www.blackwarriorlures.com
Subscriber Goal
That's why I said searchable, clickable videos. Searchable and clickable are qualitative measures. You need both quality and quantity. Most people use the phrase quality over quantity as an excuse not to get any work done. Likewise most people use the term quantity to just churn out absolute junk. Neither of these mean you, but keep in mind that, well . . .

I have a fishing video that I've been editing and color grading for two weeks. It is a high quality video, i.e., high production value documentary film-like content. If I only produced one video every two weeks I wouldn't grow. Thus I have a lower production value video that I produce that form the bulk of videos on my channel: tutorials, how-to and hub content that is designed to be produced in sheer bulk that ultimately leads to the higher production value content.

Quality and quantity need to be balanced are per your stage of growth on YouTube, your artistic endeavors, and your business needs. The reality is quantity has a quality of it own. My content got much better simply because I produced so much quantity in the beginning. The quality grew out of the quantity.

@SBG GAMING if you're only getting three hours of sleep per night, then you may not in a good time of life to do this. YouTube is a job/career in and of itself. If it's a release and hobby for you then great, just do it for the love of doing it and don't worry about others or subs or views. Just have fun and let that be the #1 thing.

Last edited:
OP
OP
S

SBG GAMING

New User
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Eternal is also a hobbie and I do worry about my in game stats I'm a freak for results

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
Okay, I see then you have a very different personality than me. As such the same principles apply. Do those things that will get you results as mentioned in many places here on the forum. You just have to stick with it for the long term.

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Just don't mass produce them though... quality over quantity.
Roberto Blake one of our friends with TubeBuddy actually thinks Quantity leads to quality. I think it's an interesting mindset. For me I learn by doing, and this has helped me A TON. We actually have a video going out on Thursday where we talk about the amount of uploads needed.

mcnakahr

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
Roberto Blake one of our friends with TubeBuddy actually thinks Quantity leads to quality. I think it's an interesting mindset. For me I learn by doing, and this has helped me A TON. We actually have a video going out on Thursday where we talk about the amount of uploads needed.
I remember him saying that and yes I agree it is a good mindset though there something to keep in mind. In my opinion, how some Gaming Channel owners choose to create their content, it doesn't always help. I have TeamYouTube followed on Twitter is how I know this next piece of information. I saw a complaint tweeted to TeamYouTube from another gaming channel asking why they were demonetized. The reason gave was the content appeared to be mass-produced. I got curious and had a look at the channel. Over the expanse of 30 days, they appear to have produced almost 100 videos... all gaming videos. Unfortunately, it's easy just to play a game and then upload it without taking the time to edit it for quality or add any value to it. That is what I was getting at. Yes, it's great to produce a lot but at the same time if all you are doing is producing and not paying attention to quality then it shouldn't be a surprise, if you are monetized, for the right to run ads is removed or your audience start getting boring because you focused on quantity too much and not quality too. It's a balancing act.

Damon

TubeBuddy Pro
Subscriber Goal
A balancing act it is, and the balance changes depending on where you are in your YouTube career and business needs. Sometimes it's more quantity. Sometimes it's more quality. Each person has a different quality-to-quantity ratio depending on a bunch of factors.