• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

Editing Software Use Samsung Galaxy S7 smartphone with Filmora 9; as a mic??

Barryb64

It seems this is the best place to ask about video editor, lapel mic and smartphone. :)

My current video editor is Filmora 9 and it's installed on my laptop. For a starter, it is okay. I normally use a Samson Meteor mic when I do a video blog. Today, I wanted to try something, different. I know Filmora isn't OBS or vMix; however, it will have to do or a screen recording. Here is the problem, I am very nearsighted and the mic is sitting on the laptop's armrest. I did a test recording and I had to hold the mic while recording.

My voice sounded good; as it was close to my mouth; however, things can get awkward when navigating and my need to see. Yes, I can use Windows' magnifier; I am not sure of how that would look to viewers. Here's what I'd like to do. Is it possible to use my smartphone and lapel mic to record the audio? I have a Lavalier lapel wired mic. Is it possible to get Filmora to treat my phone; as a mic? The lapel mic doesn't work with the laptop. But it does work with the phone.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 phone. It would be great, if I can.

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
It seems this is the best place to ask about video editor, lapel mic and smartphone. :)

My current video editor is Filmora 9 and it's installed on my laptop. For a starter, it is okay. I normally use a Samson Meteor mic when I do a video blog. Today, I wanted to try something, different. I know Filmora isn't OBS or vMix; however, it will have to do or a screen recording. Here is the problem, I am very nearsighted and the mic is sitting on the laptop's armrest. I did a test recording and I had to hold the mic while recording.

My voice sounded good; as it was close to my mouth; however, things can get awkward when navigating and my need to see. Yes, I can use Windows' magnifier; I am not sure of how that would look to viewers. Here's what I'd like to do. Is it possible to use my smartphone and lapel mic to record the audio? I have a Lavalier lapel wired mic. Is it possible to get Filmora to treat my phone; as a mic? The lapel mic doesn't work with the laptop. But it does work with the phone.

I have a Samsung Galaxy S7 phone. It would be great, if I can.

You could use it and have to manually sync, but it's possible :)

I don't know a way to sync it through the computer. My question is why not get a stand for the mic so you can move back and see well? Or is that not an option? :)

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
As with what @Andrew said, you'll have to manually sync it. This is actually what I do for some of my videos. I'll record with my camera and use a lav mic that's recording audio into an IC recorder. This will result in two audios, which I will then need to sync so that my words match my mouth.

Reactions: TubeBuddy

TubeBuddy

Legendary Poster
www.tubebuddy.com
Subscriber Goal
As with what @Andrew said, you'll have to manually sync it. This is actually what I do for some of my videos. I'll record with my camera and use a lav mic that's recording audio into an IC recorder. This will result in two audios, which I will then need to sync so that my words match my mouth.

I find personally I like the audio MUCH better and is worth the extra time! Plus I know some programs have built in syncing apps :)