TubeBuddy Keyword Explorer - how is "Avg views per video for your channel" calculated?

Danny C

New User
User name: Danny C
Title of thread: Keyword Explorer - how is "Avg views per video for your channel" calculated?
Request Type Browser Extension/TubeBuddy Website Tools
What browser are you on? Chrome
Studio Beta or Studio Classic? Studio Beta
What version of TubeBuddy? v1.45.712
Is it related to a video? No
Explain your issue: Within Keyword Explorer, I'm confused as to how "Avg views per video for your channel" in the "Score Analysis" > "You vs. Top Ranked Videos" section is calculated.

This currently displays 312 views for my channel. However my average views (if I add up the views of all my videos and divide by the number of videos) is 1,703.

Also, nearly all of my 29 videos have more than 312 views - only 3 of my videos have less than 312 views.

Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
OP
Danny C

Danny C

New User
Hi @Ikerot. I think this may be a support issue as the "Avg views per video for your channel" from TubeBuddy seems to be incorrect? I'm eager to get this resolved and it will possibly be overlooked / missed here?

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
Hi @Ikerot. I think this may be a support issue as the "Avg views per video for your channel" from TubeBuddy seems to be incorrect? I'm eager to get this resolved and it will possibly be overlooked / missed here?
No worries @Danny C I asked the developers and we are currently taking it from your last 5 videos for more accurate information. We are talking about changing it to match what YouTube does when looking at your newest content and comparing it to your last 10. YouTube does this in the new studio beta. The reason we do it this way, is some channels have videos with millions of views, and there more recent videos don't have that amount. Hopefully this helps explain it! :D