YouTube Opinion What is your suggested structure of a music video for YouTube ?

sjs94704

New User
There is a lot of information about for best results, a video should be structured a certain way. For example, a 'How To' video should open by saying right away what you will learn in this video, followed by a 5 second intro (Title screen) followed by a greeting my the creator and then jumping into the video itself.

I have seen lots of other music videos that jump right to the song without all this stuff. Are they right to do that in this case

What should I include, what should I leave out ?, or, do you have other suggestions?

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
Subscriber Goal
When it comes to music videos I am used to just getting the song/video going right off the bat. Whenever I play a music video that has an intro, especially ones that last more than 5 seconds, it can be a turn off for me. I guess the idea is I came to listen to a song so I don't need an intro from the artist since I already know who it is based on the search. It's a song not a TV show. I don't get intros on my mp3 for each song so I don't expect one on a music video which is just a song with images added to it.

OP
OP
sjs94704

sjs94704

New User
OK, cool ! Thank You... Now, what about a short clip at the end of each video thanking the listener for listening and ask them to subscribe and like my song as well as tell a friend? I never see artists do that. What do you think?

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
Subscriber Goal
OK, cool ! Thank You... Now, what about a short clip at the end of each video thanking the listener for listening and ask them to subscribe and like my song as well as tell a friend? I never see artists do that. What do you think?
Nothing really wrong with that. Worst case scenario would be people will ignore it, skip it and move on to the next video. Keep it short and you should be good. One gripe I have with endscreens on music videos (and other videos) is that they don't have that extra time at the end and they end up putting the subscribe button and previous video links on top of the video blocking that last 10 to 20 seconds of the video. I find that annoying personally because I wanna watch the whole thing uninterrupted. That extra time you mentioned would be nice actually.

OP
OP
sjs94704

sjs94704

New User
Thank you for your input. I will keep your comments about the end screen in mind and not put anything over the top of the video

Poulpc

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy User
Subscriber Goal
I agree with BraveStarrTG if it's a music video that I'm searching for, or if it's a random video I stumbled upon, but if it's a YouTuber that I'm subscribed to that I loved to watch his videos, short intro would definitely be nice 5-10 sec