YouTube Tips Changing Topic on Youtube Chanell, please Help!

Hooter

New User
HI! English is not my first lenguage but here it goes:

I have a abandoned Youtube chanell with 3500 Suscribers and only 1000 Hours of Videos view this last year.
I would like to change the subject and have 10 videos ready to be upload that has nothing to do with the previous content.

The idea is to delete all my previous videos, change the youtubechannel name and start uploading 1 video a weeck of the new content.
After 4000 hours views it will automaticly ask for monetization (publicity etc) so i have to make sure that my videos are uploaded when that hapens.
I believe it s better to upload videos from previous content in order to get to the 4000 hours and then do the switch.
RIGHT?

tHANJ TIY IN ADVANCED FOR YOUR HELP AND ADVICE

BraveStarrTG

Life Is A Game
Subscriber Goal
Hello Hooter,

Deleting the current content on the channel could help Youtube's algorithm see your videos and channel better based on the new content but bare in mind those 1000 view hours you currently have will no longer be counted once you delete those videos. Youtube only counts views/time watched on public videos for the Youtube Partner Program (monetization). Basically, even though your channel will have 3500 subs, your view count and watch time will be at zero if you delete all your current videos. Analytics will still show this information for your channel but it won't count towards your Youtube Partner Program requirements.

Also, because you will basically changing the genre (subject) on your channel you will, in essence, be starting a new channel thus you will have to work to get Youtube to notice your channel and videos so they can be shown to potential viewers. Although you have 3500 subs that doesn't mean these 3500 subs will watch your videos since they likely subs for the previous content and thus may not be interested in the new content thus your views will likely take time to grow and your goal to reach 4000 hours of watch time could take a long time to reach. It depends on how successful you can be to get your new videos found and shown to viewers.

If you manage to get the 4000 watch hours necessary to join the program within 12 months and manage to maintain at least 1000 subs after changing the subject of the channel and deleting the previous videos (there is the chance some subs will unsub due to the change in content) then you could in theory qualify. But you'll have to make sure your new content is content people are looking for, of good quality. Your SEO has to be on point to ensure you trigger the YT algorithm properly so your videos can be found by potential viewers and your thumbnails have to be eyecatching so people will notice your videos during searches. I'm not sure 10 videos could get you to your goal. On average people have to upload at least 100 videos before YT starts noticing and sharing your content to a larger audience more frequently and that's only if you manage to get those 100 videos noticed to begin with. I wish you the best of luck with this.

People's Bookkeeper

Newbie Member
TubeBuddy Star
Hello Hooter,

Deleting the current content on the channel could help Youtube's algorithm see your videos and channel better based on the new content but bare in mind those 1000 view hours you currently have will no longer be counted once you delete those videos. Youtube only counts views/time watched on public videos for the Youtube Partner Program (monetization). Basically, even though your channel will have 3500 subs, your view count and watch time will be at zero if you delete all your current videos. Analytics will still show this information for your channel but it won't count towards your Youtube Partner Program requirements.

Also, because you will basically changing the genre (subject) on your channel you will, in essence, be starting a new channel thus you will have to work to get Youtube to notice your channel and videos so they can be shown to potential viewers. Although you have 3500 subs that doesn't mean these 3500 subs will watch your videos since they likely subs for the previous content and thus may not be interested in the new content thus your views will likely take time to grow and your goal to reach 4000 hours of watch time could take a long time to reach. It depends on how successful you can be to get your new videos found and shown to viewers.

If you manage to get the 4000 watch hours necessary to join the program within 12 months and manage to maintain at least 1000 subs after changing the subject of the channel and deleting the previous videos (there is the chance some subs will unsub due to the change in content) then you could in theory qualify. But you'll have to make sure your new content is content people are looking for, of good quality. Your SEO has to be on point to ensure you trigger the YT algorithm properly so your videos can be found by potential viewers and your thumbnails have to be eyecatching so people will notice your videos during searches. I'm not sure 10 videos could get you to your goal. On average people have to upload at least 100 videos before YT starts noticing and sharing your content to a larger audience more frequently and that's only if you manage to get those 100 videos noticed to begin with. I wish you the best of luck with this.
Perfect advice that can't be topped!!