• Guest - Earn a FREE TubeBuddy Upgrade for being active on the forums! Click Here to learn how you earn free upgrades for TubeBuddy!
  • Guest - TubeBuddy has a discord! Click Here to join in the conversation!

In Progress Can't use Bulk Title / Description Update since moving my YouTube account into a Brand Account

Danny C

User name: Danny C
Title of thread: Can't use Bulk Title / Description Update since moving my YouTube account into a Brand Account
Request Type Browser Extension/TubeBuddy Website Tools
What browser are you on? Chrome
Studio Beta or Studio Classic? Studio Beta
What version of TubeBuddy? 1.45.703
Is it related to a video? No
Explain your issue: Hi there,

Since moving my YouTube account (previously "Danny Connell") into a Brand Account ("Make Apps With Danny") I can no longer make bulk title / description updates (this worked fine before, and this feature was initially the main reason I bought TubeBuddy).

Steps to recreate:

- Click on TB Quick Links > My Videos
- Click on Bulk Meta Updates > Titles & Descriptions
- Enter Find text
- Enter Replace text
- Click Continue
- Choose "I want search a full list of all my videos."
- Click Continue
- Click Selected > All
- Click Continue
- Click "Yes, do it."
- Click "Start!"
- It takes a while to process the first video (about 40 seconds), then I get the error message:

"Quasar Framework: Vue.js Chat App (12/15) - with Vuex & Firebase (for Web, Mobile & Desktop)
Failed to update video ("ForbiddenTubeBuddy.YouTubeApi.Exceptions.YouTubeApiException: Failed to update video status [DETAILS][Category: 27[Title: Quasar Framework: Vue.js Chat App (12/15) - with Vuex & Firebase (for Web, Mobile & Desktop) ---> The service youtube has thrown an exception: Google.GoogleApiException: Google.Apis.Requests.RequestError\r\nForbidden [403]\r\nErrors [\r\n\tMessage[Forbidden] Location[ - ] Reason[forbidden] Domain[youtube.video]\r\n]\r\n\r\n at Google.Apis.Requests.ClientServiceRequest`1.d__34.MoveNext()\r\n--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---\r\n at System.Runtime.ExceptionServices.ExceptionDispatchInfo.Throw()\r\n at Google.Apis.Requests.ClientServiceRequest`1.Execute()\r\n at TubeBuddy.YouTubeApi.YouTubeApi.UpdateVideoMetadata(String channelId, String videoId, Nullable`1 privacy, String title, String description, String tags) in C:\\Source\\TubeBuddy\\Deployment\\Source\\TubeBuddy\\TubeBuddy.YouTubeApi\\YouTubeApi.cs:line 474\r\n at TubeBuddy.YouTubeApi.YouTubeApi.UpdateVideoMetadata(String channelId, String videoId, Nullable`1 privacy, String title, String description, String tags) in C:\\Source\\TubeBuddy\\Deployment\\Source\\TubeBuddy\\TubeBuddy.YouTubeApi\\YouTubeApi.cs:line 478\r\n at TubeBuddy.Services.YouTube.YouTubeService.<>c__DisplayClass30_1.b__0() in C:\\Source\\TubeBuddy\\Deployment\\Source\\TubeBuddy\\TubeBuddy.Services\\YouTube\\YouTubeService.cs:line 934\r\n at Microsoft.Practices.TransientFaultHandling.RetryPolicy.ExecuteAction[TResult](Func`1 func)\r\n at TubeBuddy.Services.YouTube.YouTubeService.UpdateVideoMetadata(YouTubeChannel youTubeChannel, String videoId, String title, String description, Nullable`1 privacyType, String tags, Int32 retryAttempts) in C:\\Source\\TubeBuddy\\Deployment\\Source\\TubeBuddy\\TubeBuddy.Services\\YouTube\\YouTubeService.cs:line 934\r\n\r\nYouTube response follows: \r\nGoogle.Apis.Requests.RequestError\r\nForbidden [403]\r\nErrors [\r\n\tMessage[Forbidden] Location[ - ] Reason[forbidden] Domain[youtube.video]\r\n]\r\n")"

- I then get similar error messages for all the other videos (after 40 second delays each time)

Thanks!

Danny
Link your YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6eR_ndNgaTeE5t2Ud4ZiHw

Ikerot

Not a mod
TubeBuddy User
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
Hey @Danny C! I got one of the devs to look at it and this is their response:

In the error message that they posted, I see a "403 - Forbidden" which usually means they need to go to TubeBuddy.com/Account, click the green "Add Channel" button and then re-link the channel.

Please let me know if that works :)

Reactions: Danny C