Need Advice What is in a channel name??

Barryb64

New User
For the past few weeks, I have been developing a sense of consistency in posting videos to my YouTube channel. Great! At this point, I am beginning to ask what I should be calling my channel. The original goal was to cover the topics mentioned in my first book. However, a brief look at the titles of my recent set of videos shall reveal a desire to teach or share insights on certain areas of the faith. I'm also not afraid to be confrontational when needed.

For this reason, I have toyed with the idea of calling it Christian Explained. When I start my videos, I simply introduce myself as Barry. I really want to get this clear before I go forward with branding my channel. As for the below image, here's where the image comes in. If you watch my video, you'll see that the image is the background for my video. I've got a small talking head floating on the top left corner. The right side has Bible references or any other items I may show. I will show a book that I'm reviewing on the bottom left. I'd love to know where I can put my channel name and use the image for a banner.

I am using Gimp for photo editing and Filmora 9 for video editing. Any ideas?

stockvault-mountain-landscape130879.jpg
stockvault-mountain-landscape130879.jpg

Andrew

Superman
Administrator
youtube.com
Subscriber Goal
For the past few weeks, I have been developing a sense of consistency in posting videos to my YouTube channel. Great! At this point, I am beginning to ask what I should be calling my channel. The original goal was to cover the topics mentioned in my first book. However, a brief look at the titles of my recent set of videos shall reveal a desire to teach or share insights on certain areas of the faith. I'm also not afraid to be confrontational when needed.

For this reason, I have toyed with the idea of calling it Christian Explained. When I start my videos, I simply introduce myself as Barry. I really want to get this clear before I go forward with branding my channel. As for the below image, here's where the image comes in. If you watch my video, you'll see that the image is the background for my video. I've got a small talking head floating on the top left corner. The right side has Bible references or any other items I may show. I will show a book that I'm reviewing on the bottom left. I'd love to know where I can put my channel name and use the image for a banner.

I am using Gimp for photo editing and Filmora 9 for video editing. Any ideas?

View attachment 3571View attachment 3571
I think Christian Explained makes a lot of sense! Channel banner should be viewer focused. What is this channel? When do they upload? How will the help ME the viewer, and why should I subscribe to YOU! Answer those and your set! @Aaron can also explain more since he did my banner, and I think his work is great!

OP
OP
Barryb64

Barryb64

New User
Hi @Andrew Thanks for the reply. I went a head and added the title "Welcome To Christianity Explained" I've also revised the old description to explain what my goal is. I've also revised the links in the channel art to include my first book (author page). I used the channel art template from Youtube to make sure the text is visible.

I Will talk with @Aaron to see how it can be improved. I can even send the original used to create it. It's in .png format.