Music Your favourite music for the end of 2019

Beanie Draws

As we head closer to another year’s end, What’s your favourite album/s of this half of the year, or even all year?

I’m a big listener of bands when they release albums and I tend to listen religiously on repeat until another one of my favourite bands releases a new album.

my favourite album on heavy rotation this year has been Marilyn Manson - Heaven Upside Down
but Korn’s most recent release “the nothing” has hit me hard in the feels. Korn got me through a lot of dark times and emotions as a teen, and Johnothan Davis’s struggles with depression and anxiety is something I can heavily relate to. This last album where he expresses his grief after the loss of his estranged wife from an overdose is really powerful and deep hitting for me. His singing is soulful, passionate and deeply painful, but his vocals are so in control and in tune.

so for me, Manson and Korn will be on high rotation for the rest of the year.

What are some musical artists that really drive your story in life this year?

Ikerot

Not a mod
Ikerot.com
Subscriber Goal
What are some musical artists that really drive your story in life this year?
Christian Rock in general lol. This whole year (and half of last year) has been bearable because I started listening to Christian Rock and it overall makes me feel a lot better. The radio station I listen to has the slogan "Positive & Encouraging." That being said, I'm not religious myself, but I love the message.

Anyways, I mentioned that because I typically don't listen to albums. I'll pick what I like and just plop it into my own music playlist. There hasn't been a case where I like 70% of the songs in the album. So... :L

Maybe It's Ok by We Are Messengers has been a big hit for me. I shed a bit of a tear every time it comes on ;( But it also lets me know that it's ok to not be ok. I've always felt like it's my fault for all of the bad things that's happened to me, but at the same time, I don't really talk too much about it because I don't want people to know. The first time I've listened to this song, it felt like a breath of fresh air. It's helped me open up, even if it's just a little bit :)

Another one I listen to a lot is You Say by Lauren Daigle. That one really helped me through last October when I was feeling more down on myself than usual. *coughs*

Anyways, on a happier note (lol). I've been listening to Bradio a lot. They create funk music and it's just an overall happy experience listening to them :p

A list of the songs I mentioned: